Thread: FireRed hack: Pokemon Olive Green Version
View Single Post
Old July 1st, 2012, 03:38 PM
teejermiester
Minnesotan, you betcha!

Nature: Rash
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChikoritaMudkipz View Post
The platform and bridges pallet was something that got altered when i had to dedicate a colour from to pallet to something else. They looked way better before, trying to find a good look that has contrast in the outline is something I'm activlely trying to improve. I'll do my best to make it easier on the eyes =)
I hope you realize that there are palettes that change from tileset 2 to tileset 2, right? Palettes 7-12 (I think, it might be 9-12 or something. Don't quote me.) change depending on the tileset 2 you have chosen. Recreate your original bridge palette on palette 8 or 7 or 12 or whatever. You'll get the colors you wanted for the bridge without clogging up any other palettes. It's a handy thing to do to create more colorful scenes.

If any of my information is wrong, please speak up and tell me. You'll definitely want to back up your ROM before doing any of this, although it wouldn't screw up your game that much...

This is why there are usually palettes that are one or two colors, like a dark blue and black on some maps. These are palettes that were placed in the game but aren't actually used. All the better for editing, right?

EDIT: I almost forgot: Good luck with your hack.

----------------------------
Beta 1 Coming Soon! ||||||||||

Last edited by teejermiester; July 1st, 2012 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Forgot a little somethin somethin