Thread: FireRed hack: Pokemon Olive Green Version
View Single Post
Old July 1st, 2012, 05:17 PM
teejermiester
Minnesotan, you betcha!

Nature: Rash
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChikoritaMudkipz View Post
Ah yes, I'm aware of this. Problem is I've dedicated some of those numbers to pallets I use throughout. For example, I have another darker green pallet other than 0 in the 8th spot for the tall grass, other trees, etc.
The pink roof has a pallet, and the body of the house takes up one.
There may be one left to dedicate to the platform, I'll give it a lookski.
I appreciate the suggestion! Things like this will make my game all the better =)
I took a little peek at these palettes and:

a) The grass palette that you put in the 8th spot will only show up in the maps that you insert it in, since the 8th palette is a tileset 2 specific palette. This means you have to recreate the same palette every single map, in the 8th palette in order to avoid graphic problems. Time consuming, but not a huge problem.

b) Since you've used a palette for the pink roof, the body of the house, and the plants, that takes up three palettes. Since 7 and up (yes, I checked) are tileset 2 palettes, this means that you have 7-9 taken up. This leaves three more palettes (10-12) for you to use for anything in that map.

You should have room to create a new palette for the platforms. Also, I would work on combining as many palettes as possible into the first 6, it makes your life a lot easier. Just make sure you don't overwrite any animation colors.

----------------------------
Beta 1 Coming Soon! ||||||||||