Thread: [Developing] Pokemon Online - POL
View Single Post
Old July 1st, 2012, 08:50 PM
Fblaster
Spriter Prime

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Fblaster
So, its the beggining of the month, and our PR has posted his usual progress update, in case you are interested in knowing how progress is going:

"POL Progress Update 7/1/12
5:08pm Sunday, July 01, 2012
Hey everyone! It’s the first of the month which means it’s time for another progress update!

First, let’s start off with the Wiki. Currently, the main Wiki task is compiling all of the information from the Pokemon Trading Card Game for use in POL. If you check out the Trading Card Game section of the Wiki (which is accessible from the Wiki homepage) you’ll be able to see all of the articles we have on individual cards, decks, sets, and other POL-related things. For those of you who don’t know this already, we currently have plans to implement the TCG into POL in some form or another, though it’s still in its primary stages of development.

Onto Mapping, we are essentially finished with Kanto right now. A few final checks need to be made, as well as the production of the final POL-exclusive maps, and then Kanto mapping will be finished. This doesn’t mean that Kanto is almost ready, however, as we still have more graphics and programming to accomplish. The Mapping team is starting on the creation of the Johto source maps, which is the first stage in the process for mapping Johto. This task involves transcribing the maps from HeartGold and SoulSilver quality into POL-quality, which is based off of Emerald.

With Graphics, we have seen the surge from May continue through June and now into July. In just the last couple of days, we’ve added a new spriting member, 15 more Pokemon sprites, and a bunch (I say that because it’s hard to count how many new ones we have!) of new NPC overworld and battle sprites.

That’s all I have to say right now, but it’s not the end of this update! In the next couple of days, you should expect another part to this update! I won’t say any more for now, but I should be able to post it soon :)

As always, if you have any questions/comments/concerns/suggestions, just let me know here in this thread! Alternatively, you can always send me a PM and I’ll be happy to answer."

I make his words mine, any questions/comments/concerns/suggestions, feel free to let us know.

www.pkmnonline.org