View Single Post
Old July 3rd, 2012 (05:21 PM).
mmm gurl that 90s
Crystal Tier

Nature: Impish
I don't know about this contest at all so here are my god-honest opinions. If I'm wrong about how something worked in the past just tell me :)

Past winners n stuff

I wouldn't mind if I we had past winners participate, but there should be a limit on how often. If someone was taking the lead every single time, it might be discouraging after a while. People will think "Oh, I won't bother to join, because --- is gonna win anyways, so it's just gonna be a waste of my time to bother." So a limit of 2 or 3 contests between winning won't be that bad, and people will see winners (or at least a couple of them switching around) and be a little less discouraged about it.

Themes

Yes, duh. Every contest show has it...why not?

One could be held in PT and the other in OT. The PT contests could be Pokémon-themed according to the season, and the OT could be be anything BinaryPeaches and Netto wills. Just a suggestion.

Time between

A contest a season would be okay. On the solstices and equinoxes would be a great deadline! It would bring out the Midsummer partying mood or something like that.

Volunteers

Yes, if I see how this contest runs <3

derp

Yes, the prizes. An emblem would be nice though it would get boring. A prize for a recurring winner could be something like a blog/supportership. And given that only two people can win twice in a year or two (and more realistically about one or none if we include the "limit to winning" rule) it's not like a flood of blogs/supporterships will result.

And if it's not that, an emblem would be fine, and I would be more than happy to join if I could get something out of it. Just a tiny prize would be a bigger incentive to win than nothing. I know people like me still have only one or none emblems and earning them is kinda rewarding :) lols