Thread: [Script] Pokemon StarterKit VX Ace
View Single Post
Old July 5th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Lucius
Beginning Trainer

@ Battin: The VX Ace tilesets work on a much simpler concept than the XP tilesets. A is divided into 5 categories.
Spoiler:

A1 are the water tiles, each consisting of 3 frames that loop, A2 is ground tiles with addons like long grass, holes, dirt, and fences. A3 and A4 are exterior and interior tiles respectively, though some exteriors can be used as interiors and vice versa. Tile A5 are floor tiles, the first 2 spots usually reserved for a black and completely transparent tile.

Tiles B,C,D and E are the same as one another, they go above the A tiles. Yet if you place a C object over a B object, the B object will be erased.

Took me a while to get the hang of it too. Since most pokemon games have moving tiles that have more than three frames, it's hard to animate the tiles to look exactly the same, unless some sort of script is used and/or you use parallax mapping, which is a whole other kettle of fish.

@ crazyninjaguy: I can't help much with graphics, I'm not that good at ripping 3D stuff which Black and White have in droves. I can however provide you with something I use when I am spriting, it helps me a lot. I'm not sure if it will help you, but it lessens the field of what things you actually have to rip, and it has all the animations in frame form for all the pokemon.

http://spriters-resource.com/ds/poke...ite/index.html

No tiles, but lots of System graphics, like the battle interface.