View Single Post
Old July 6th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Relith
Togepi

Nature: Calm
I understand why people think Archeops is a disappointment, but I think it's great after it learns acrobatics and has full health with no items attached. That means you get 4x attack ability for just obliterating the enemy team.

Anyway, the biggest disappointment in this generation is the starters. They all have their strengths and weaknesses, but they all lack the thing I call "awareness" which what I mean by that is that every pokemon I face in generation 5 with this guys fully evolved, it just goes terrible. Even if there is a type advantage over the enemy, Serperior can't deliver a one hit KO from leaf blade.

Emboar can, but he only helps with taking out liepards & zebstrikas you find along the routes as well as helping in 3 ogyms. I really do think he looks stupid too.

And finally we get to Samurott, the balanced water-type starter. Let me start of by saying he is a great pokemon.. In the beginning of the game where you must face the first gym leader he can be quite a help (even though there's a type advantage against you), but so are the other starters that I bashed. Just like every other starter in the generation, he eventually isn't relevant later on in the game. I have boxed all of my starters due to this.