Thread: [Spoilers] BW092 - Junior Cup opening
View Single Post
Old July 7th, 2012, 01:33 AM
Akio123
Sadness forever...

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Akio123 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Akio123 Send a message via Yahoo to Akio123 Send a message via Skype™ to Akio123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew~ View Post

You do realise how disgusting what you just said was, right? What do you know about me to make such judgements, especially behind a computer screen. Don't be such a pessimist and admit your argument was wrong.

I thought it was pretty obvious it was it promote previous gen Pokémon, and to give her something to show we're going to be more old Pokémon...

If we're going for the "why not something in her in-game team?" argument, why does she have an Excadrill? Or that Emolga? Seriously though, the fact is it's a giant leap in the right direction. Her goal is to be a Dragon master, there wouldn't be any point in giving her a weak Pokémon to work with at this point. She already worked with a Deino, and she proved she could handle it and make it open it's heart to her. She also still has Axew. Dragonite proves she can control a bigger and more powerful Dragon...
A. I think you're taking my first statement a little too seriously. I clearly have admitted defeat, because she's getting Dragonite. If you're taking the rest of that too seriously, it's your problem and I'm not going to deal with it because personally I don't feel as though I need to.

B. I get that the point is to promote old Pokemon. But you kind of missed the rest of my post. I'm fine with the Dragonite line, just not Dragonite right off the bat. I like how you only argued the Deino thing when it's clear I'm fine with her with Dragons, just not a fully evolved.

To be a Dragon master it makes more sense for her to raise a weak dragon into a strong one. Yes, it's laudible to capture a fully evolved Dragon and basically control it fully, but it's more laudible to take a weaker dragon and raise it into a strong one. Think about it;

Trainer A is walking down a path and sees a sleeping Hydreigon. Sends out Walrein, freezes it and catches it...so by your logic this person is a dragon mater.

Trainer B: Gets a Bagon egg. It starts off weak, but after bonding, much training, and work it evolves it's a Salamence. By your logic, this is not a Dragon master.

Yes, a dragon master wants to capture strong dragon Pokemon, but they first need to work with their own dragons. Axew has become a bit stronger, but he is still ways away from being a Haxorus (his dream and what the elder wanted Iris to do with him). She needs to focus on the weaker Pokemon before just jumping onto the strong ones.

C. I just want to point out, for the "Game team" argument; First off I use the manta anime=/=games more than anymore here lulz. That said, the argument stems from the fact that Hydreigon appears in this episode. They could have easily made Dragonite the villainous one (and let's be honest going by the title, it's going to be a bit of a D-bag anyway lol) and she could have gotten Hydreigon. It just makes more sense, because they chose a Pokemon that IS on her game team as her Dragonite's opponent (see I clearly have accepted I'm wrong)
Made by the Amazing DialgaFan of Pokemon Mansion! =D