Thread: [Spoilers] BW092 - Junior Cup opening
View Single Post
Old July 7th, 2012 (08:26 AM).
Sadness forever...

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Akio123 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Akio123 Send a message via Yahoo to Akio123 Send a message via Skype™ to Akio123
Quote originally posted by Kenshin5:
If they are strong enough as a trainer to capture it and readily use it I don't see why not though. It seems to take training and battle skills combined. Sure giving her a Dragonite is easy but it may not obey like Charizard and Mamoswine. Dragon Master seems like a glorified version of a Dragon Tamer trainer class. Tamer implies they tame the dragons so in this situation Iris is using her taming skills to tame this "rough" Dragonite. She can still show her skills in developing as well with Axew since we have already seen powerful moves and development such as Dragon Rage and Outrage. Axew seems to be getting stronger and stronger so I think see is playing the sort of breeder role, tamer role, and strong trainer role. Which culminates in her eventually be a Dragon Master.
Tell that to Buizel. He really didn't listen to Dawn, right off the back. Yeah, he was caught, but they still kind of had to befriend him first. Heck even Swinub and Emolga were pretty awful. Also, remember it's called the Roughneck Dragonite, I mean a 180 in personality after 1 episode seems like even worse writing to me. I mean I'm going to be honest; there is NO way to make Iris not seem like a Mary-Sue if she is still sort of a novice and she's getting a supposedly Jerky pseudo-legendary to be all happy and palsy with her after 1 episode...I'm sorry that just...that's really lazy writing then.

Yes, Axew is getting stronger more and more by the day, but that's her legitimately raising a Pokemon to it's fullest (compare him not being able to use Scratch properly at first, to being able to land a good clean hit with Giga Impact on Garchomp). I applaud her for that, and as I said before, I want her to have more dragons, but all that said give her something else to raise into a strong Pokemon. Heck, they can give her a strong baby pokemon or a 1st stage evo Pokemon. (Again, I would have totally been in love with her getting a Dragonair).

Off topic: Are we not labeling that it's Season 2 with each episode?