View Single Post
Old July 7th, 2012 (04:12 PM).
TRIFORCE89
Guide of Darkness

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
I'm not sure if they wanted us to believe she was some kind of science genius or just merely competent. She was always otherwise fawning over Peter or worried about him and that got disappointing after a while.

I did like the villain being sympathetic, especially at the end when he's shown to still be a good guy under all that CG. I half expected to see Samuel L. Jackson to pop up after the credits though. Sad he didn't.[/spoiler]
He couldn't be in the credits. That side of the Marvel movies is owned by Disney and Spidey doesn't come under the Disney banner until Sony goes inactive with the franchise (that's why Spider-Man was absent from The Avengers)

Anyway, yeah we were supposed to believe Gwen was smart. They said that Connors gave her a recommendation for university. They also said that she is top of her class, with Peter being second. And she does tutoring. It didn't really come for nowhere.

Anyway, I surprisingly enjoyed this movie. I expected to hate it. I did not. It was great. So much better than The Avengers. I would say better than the original Spider-Man, but not as good as Spider-Man 2.