The P O K E M O N Hunger Games [Revived] (SU + OOC + Rated M)
View Single Post
July 7th, 2012, 11:23 PM
wants what it wants
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Southern Cali
THE POKEMON HUNGER GAMES
may the odds be
in your favour...
A Pokemon-Hunger Games Crossover
Rated M for violence
This is the OOC Thread. IC Thread Here (Link Soon)
All SU's go in the OOC thread
Game Masters: Meganium90 and RyanRoksXD
Roleplay Originally Written By: RyanRoksXD
IC Thread , CSS & Additional Details By: Meganium90
About The [Original] Hunger Games
The Hunger Games takes place in a nation known as Panem, established on the continent of North America after the destruction of the continent's civilization by an unknown apocalyptic event. The nation consists of a wealthy Capitol and twelve surrounding, poorer districts united under the Capitol's hegemony. District 12, where the book begins, is located in the coal-rich region that was formerly known as Appalachia.
As punishment for a previous rebellion against the Capitol in which a 13th district was destroyed, one boy and one girl between the ages of 12 and 18 from each district are selected by annual lottery to participate in the Hunger Games, an event in which the participants (or "tributes") must fight in an outdoor arena controlled by the Capitol, until only one individual remains.
How is it different from this roleplay?
All five regions of the Pokemon world (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova) as well as the Kanto Orange Islands will be used. Each region, as well as the islands will be cut up in half to depict each of the 12 districts, as indicated below.
The "Capitol" will be referred as the Headquarters, explained below.
The Pokemon League arena, located between Districts 1 and 4, will be used for the Pokemon Hunger Games competition, as said being used for 66 years.
Instead of child tributes participating in the Games, Pokemon will be used to participate. They will have their own movesets, levels, as well as items to put in good use. Like the Original Hunger Games, Pokemon can expect to be killed by other Pokemon instead of fainting. Gender does not matter in these games, so anyone regardless may be chosen to compete.
Pokemon pre-selected in this roleplay have type-disadvantages between each other. Example: Fire – Grass, Water – Electric, Dark – Psychic, etc.
70 years ago, the regions were in peace. Humans and Pokemon got along together. Some were used as pets, others used as battles. Even some were used as bodyguards. As one day changed the regions forever, Team Rocket became as stronger as ever, taking away the freedom of all Pokemon, wild or not. War broke out between Team Rocket and the trainers with their Pokemon, trying to fight to death with their strongest Pokemon possible but the group was too strong enough to defeat. As a result of Team Rocket's rebellion to take over the world, five regions, Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, the Orange Islands, and even faraway Unova were all struck in Poverty, forcing humans to take refuge somewhere else in the world, rumored that many humans are living in unknown regions like Almia and the Sevii Islands. Team Rocket also took control of all of the Pokemon, forcing the humans to abandon them for their own gain.
Only Pokemon reside in all of the Poverty-Stricken regions. They all have a job. They all have a purpose. They all are fighting for hunger, and they have been for years on out. It is very uncommon for Pokemon to be starved to death. Some Pokemon hunt, either for themselves or for their families. Some Pokemon are orphaned, and were previously trained by a different owner. Some Pokemon are also in favor of Team Rocket, especially in Kanto.
The only humans alive are Team Rocket, whom they completed their goal of taking over the world with Pokemon. The Pokemon who are alive and currently reside in these poor lands are forced to act like humans, and they are forced to obey every single command given.
The regions, once being mass and filled with people and Pokemon, are now desolate wastelands in most parts. There are no cities or towns. Pokemon in each district are dressed differently, they eat differently, and have the same job. The regions have now become specialized to cater to what Team Rocket needs.
Headquarters (The Capitol)
– The Rocket Headquarters are located north of District 1 and 2 in Kanto. This is where most of the Rocket Grunts, Executives, and even the masters are resided and where they work. You may see a few grunts in many of the districts, but the majority are at HQ. The majority of the Pokemon trained by the Grunts were previous winners of The Pokemon Hunger Games.
Kanto (Districts 1 and 2)
- Kanto is used for power. The majority of the tributes in these districts have won the Pokemon Hunger Games. District 1 is richer than District 2, but they both do not have severe levels of poverty. Both districts support Team Rocket as they have some respect due to the majority of the winnings. Team Rocket normally recruits citizens of Districts 1 and 2 to become guards. Not only they protect each District's borders, but they also act as strict police-Pokemon to enforce the strict law.
Johto (Districts 3 and 4)
- Johto is used for Textiles. Working Pokemon in these districts are responsible for sewing and constructing Team Rocket uniforms, and send them to Headquarters. Both districts have no living things whatsoever, and water and electricity are scarce. So it was urged to use a small amount of both utilities every week. As Johto is a region that creates clothing, the Pokemon of these two districts are well-clothed.
Hoenn (Districts 5 and 6)
- Hoenn is used for masonry and agriculture. The houses there were constructed in blocks instead of wood, adobe and/or hay. Though on the edges of the ocean, you'll find some citizens in palm tree houses.. mostly in District 6 where the majority of the area is the watershore. Sometimes, the mason workers have to rely a ton on Sinnoh for mining help, or else the houses constructed in masonry wouldn't last in severe weather. Growing crops is major in District 5. You can expect beach shoreline to be used as farmland to grow produce and wheat. All crops grown in this area are ships to the other districts, including the Headquarters.
Sinnoh (Districts 7 and 8)
- Sinnoh is used for mining and construction. Miners work with Hoenn for construction of homes as well as any construction needed by Team Rocket, such as new buildings and fences. Weather in Sinnoh is very brutal, especially in the wintertime. Most of District 8 can face these conditions seven months a year, in which heat is lack thereof. Both districts in Sinnoh have the same levels of poverty, and is considered the region with less victors of The Pokemon Hunger Games. Each year, the citizens expect their two tributes to die in the first uprising.
Unova (Districts 9 and 10)
- Unova is used for Technology. The majority of the technology built for Team Rocket headquarters were manufactured in this region. Many of the citizens here are technologically advanced, and you can expect many homes with the latest gadgets, such as laptops, televisions, cellphones, and many more. Ferrothorn and Klang, the two Tributes from the 44th Annual Hunger Games won by teamwork.
Orange Islands (Districts 11 and 12)
Used for sea and fishing. Due to this region having scattered islands, the two districts are divided by an underwater fence in which is heavily guarded by specially trained Chinchou and Lanturn. Both districts mainly focus on fishing and boating, as well as shipment of goods to other districts such as textiles, crops and their specialty, fish and seafood, shipped by many Lapras, Gyarados, and Milotic. 11 and 12 are considered very, very poor, but they do have had a few victors in the Hunger Games, including a winner hailing from District 11 this past year.
How did they began? How do they work?
Right after the rebellion between trainers and Team Rocket ended, clearing the area from trainers and humans, Rocket Executives went ahead and divided up the regions into districts. As killing and torturing Pokemon wasn't enough to keep them away from their Human trainers, Giovanni, the previous master of Team Rocket, created a new competition to determine who is the strongest Pokemon to survive: The Pokemon Hunger Games.
The competition began 67 years ago with the Games taking place at what used to be the Pokemon League Arena. District 4's tribute, a Feraligatr, won the first Pokemon Hunger Games. The winner of the Pokemon Hunger Games receives free food supply for one complete year, as well as improvement of the District. The winning Tribute also has access to Rocket Headquarters, as well a choice to become a grunt's Pokemon. As the years went by, Kanto, both Districts 1 and 2, have the most winning tributes in all of the world, while Sinnoh, both Districts 7 and 8, have the least winning. During the 44th Pokemon Hunger Games, the pair from District 9 & 10 (Unova), a Ferrothorn and a Klang won the Games due to a tie, and the ability to beat every Pokemon from different districts.
Last year, at the 66th annual Pokemon Hunger Games was won by District 11, Venusaur.
1 Pokemon Tribute from each region, of each typing, are chosen from their region to go compete. Each typing must be of a disadvantage. Which means, the competition must not have two of the same type unless the type is a secondary type (example: Water & Ground/Water is fine). This makes the competition simpler to determine which Pokemon is the strongest of them all.
The Tributes train for 1 week with their chosen Pokemon using combat, competitive skills, and tactical skills. They are also paraded through the Capitol, evaluated, interviewed, and then compete. This competition sounds simple enough, but it isn't in the slightest. During the games, you will be given items for you to survive. This includes Potions, Super Potions, Berries, Medicinal Herbs, and even evasion items such as Spell Tag, Smoke Balls, and bags of spore.
You as a Tribute to the Games
You are a Pokemon selected by the Headquarters to participate in the 67th Annual Pokemon Hunger Games. You and your family (if you have one), stay close together because you'd be leaving and they may not see you again. You will notice many families crying, you may even find yourself crying, because the reaping is “like a death sentence”.
For the Pokemon you chose, you decide your personality, history, as well as state of poverty. You can be rich, poor, hungry. You can be a hunter, a worker of the Black Market, maybe you can be an orphan and you raise yourself in the poor regions. You think, speak, and act like a human...but physically, you are a Pokemon. The main thing in common: you are ALL tributes to the 67th Annual Pokemon Hunger Games. What would you feel about the Games? What are your plans to defeat all 11 tributes? What would you do to make it to the final round? The most important question: What would you do to survive?
The main objective? Kill everyone until you are the last one standing. If you team up with your fellow district partner of the same region (example: District 3 partnered with District 4), you might have a chance of surviving the games together, and ending up having a tie. You have the option to be a bigger person in the games and stand up for what you think is right. As Team Rocket has their own faults, you can either plot to take them down, or do nothing at all, but be careful though... they are stronger than ever, and nothing can ever stop them.
The possibilities are endless. The consequences, eternal.
Basic Roleplay Rules
1. Megan (Meganium90) and Ryan (RyanRoksXD) are the Game Masters of this roleplay. We both have full control of the roleplay, and our words and commands are final. If you have a problem with the roleplay or with another roleplayer, feel free to post at the OOC thread or VM/PM.
2. No God-Modding, we're sure everyone knows this...right?
3. Bunnying is only permitted if you obtained permission by the roleplayer for certain reasons. Otherwise, it is not allowed.
4. This is a chaptered roleplay, and at times...depending on the activity of the players, can go quicker than anticipated. We may not move forward until all players have submitted their posts.
5. In addition to the previous rule, your activity in this roleplay is strongly encouraged. If you go inactive after after a week, you will be dropped...and your Pokemon/Character may be considered dead (depending on the setting and chapter, you may also be replaced).
6. The Roleplay Corner rules, as well as the Global PokeCommunity rules apply in this roleplay. If your posts are caught breaking any rules (off-topic posting, one-line posts, intentional double posting, etc) they will be referred to Skymin.
7. As this roleplay is rated M, please don't write your murders or romances as if you are playing in an R-Rated Film. Keep them as forum-appropriate as possible (don't go too far!)
Things to know!
1. All Pokemon offered in this roleplay are as-is. This means they do not level up, learn any moves (unless when given a TM while out on the field) or evolve.
2. This is like a Nuzlocke Challenge. If your Pokemon faints, it dies. Simple.
3. Megan or Ryan will reward items (potions, super potions, boost items, etc) either for outstanding posts, surviving a brutal fight against another tribute, or sometimes out of random. The more items you obtain, the more chances you may survive this roleplay.
4. DECISION OF DEATH - Megan and/or Ryan will make the decisions of death for each tribute. This will depend on your activity, posts, and how you attempt to kill the tribute. Decisions will be notified at the OOC thread.
5. Always use your surroundings. You'll never know what will come next. Use moves in the most creative way possible. If your Pokemon/Character is hurt and you have no items, look around your setting and see what you can do to heal them. You may get rewarded with special items if you be creative.
Here are the Pokemon pre-selected by each district. All Pokemon have more than one type disadvantage, and you must choose this Pokemon before you head off to Headquarters to train and Participate in the games. All Pokemon are Level 50, and some Pokemon have one egg move.
Double Team, Electro Ball, Discharge, Mega Kick
Swords Dance, X-Scissor, Fury Cutter, Wing Attack
Leaf Storm, Magical Leaf, Body Slam, PoisonPowder
Last Resort, Faint Attack, Pursuit, Sand-Attack
Crush Claw, Slash, Detect, Double Kick
Night Slash, Poison Fang, Glare, Poison Tail
Aqua Tail, Aqua Jet, Swift, Agility
Hail, Ice Fang, Ice Beam, Sand Attack
Future Sight, Psychic, Confusion, Embargo
Drain Punch, Force Palm, Wide Guard, Jump Kick
Twister, Dragon Rush, Safeguard, Thunder Wave
Mach Punch, Fire Spin, Flame Wheel, Calm Mind
Sign Up Sheet
(Any gender you desire, besides...it doesn't matter if the games has "more girls than guys" or vice versa!)
(As cities do not exist in this time, you must put the region you chose (Kanto, Johto, etc)
(as you choose the Pokemon, keep in mind that you are "from" the District provided)
(Please provide BOTH a picture of the Pokemon, as well as one large paragraph (~13-15 sentences) of what your character looks like)
(Where did your character grew up? How does he/she adjust to live through the tough conditions in the region he/she lives in? You can also add any family members/friends related to your Pokemon who participated in the Pokemon Hunger Games, whether alive or deceased. 2 paragraphs)
(Provide a sample from a previous RP to determine your style of writing. If you are a new member or new to roleplaying, Provide a 2 Paragraph sample of your character's life in the region you chose.)[/font]
NO reservations, please. First come, first served.
District 1 (Raichu) -
Mystical Mermaid as "Richter Surge"
District 2 (Scyther) - Jacinth as
"Naganelle 'Regret' Feist"
District 3 (Meganium) - Meganium90 as "Kacie Schroeder"
District 4 (Umbreon) -
Curious. as "Kurami"
District 5 (Zangoose) -
silverexorcist as "Gilles"
District 6 (Seviper) -
1ninjadude1701 as "Seth"
District 7 (Floatzel) -
krazzikk as "Roger"
District 8 (Glaceon) -
Starsprite as "Isis"
District 9 (Gothitelle) -
District 10 (Mienshao) -
CrumbledCandyWrapper as "Zhengzhou Luanda"
District 11 (Dragonair) -
District 12 (Infernape) -
TurkishDelight as "Alexis Gilardino"
Cooltrainer♀ Alexa wants to battle!
(Lv. 35) - Chlorophyll - (Mega Drain, Sleep Powder)
(Lv. 35) - Huge Power - (Aqua Tail, Double-Edge)
11/21/2014 / Staff Collab 2014
Last edited by Axeliira; July 27th, 2012 at
Also Known As:
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Axeliira
Visit Axeliira's homepage!
Find all posts by Axeliira
Find threads started by Axeliira
Ignore Posts by Axeliira