View Single Post
Old July 12th, 2012 (3:32 AM).
Hourai NEET
Originally Posted by -Lapras- View Post
I wish that were the case but it's just not. Let's take the Index series, it's not good writing but it's entertaining, it has lots of girls in skimpy clothing and a guy travelling the world punching people in the face. Anime studios want to make money. Could they pick up genuinely well written books and adapt them? yes but that doesn't even break even for them.

As for your point about rankings, well they're almost redundant. I'm pretty sure the MAL community rate Steins;Gate as the 3rd best anime of all time or something silly like that. lol. Same goes for your wiki LN list, like anime most people buy because of the pretty characters and not the actual quality of the writing.

*looks a bit further into the novel rankings link*
Mikoto Misaka best ranked female character 3 years running. Splendid.
Figured you'd throw "people have bad taste so it's unreliable" You seem pretty insistent on believing that this will be the worst series this season :/ You've already stated that you didn't like Accel World and don't like the character designs, so you're obviously coming in with bad vibes. Is there anything we can say to possibly change your mind? I'll state that I believe that this show will be better than Guilty Crown in terms of consistency, so I can answer your question there, and as far as power moments of the main character, you may have an issue with that he's abnormally powerful compared to most other characters, but can be justifiable due to his character being a game addict and constantly powerleveling between stories.

Partner in crime and fellow singbot: the devilicious iruchii