And Lucario never replaced Mewtwo, same for how Ike never replaced Roy. The two were intended to be in but were cut in the last minute, most likely due to Sonic.
Characters I want is...Lil Mac is the only one I really want. Others like Ridley, Waluigi, Mona/Jimmy/Kat&Ana (Warioware rep), Captain Syurp and Samurai Goroh/Black Shadow(F-Zero rep) are icing on the cake.
Also been a while since we had a topic:
Who are your top 5 characters to use?
I always liked seeing other people's preferences and reasonings (even if I don't agree!), and like sharing mine too.
5. Donkey Kong (He's so fun, and I like heavy characters. Winning with him is just so rewarding. Too bad he has so much lag in his moves it gets frustrating when you mess up.)
4. Captain Olimar (He'd probably be higher, but if he wasn't so light and difficult he'd definitely be my main again.)
3. Captain Falcon (I main him in Melee, but he just sucks in Brawl. Still use him.)
2. Snake (I thought Smash didn't have any pure zoning characters like other fighting games. When I tried Snake, I was glad to be wrong. He reminds me of Phoenix Wright in UMvC3, who I main, but actually heavier, a lot less gimmicky, more viable, stronger and doesn't suck overall. I just love defensive playstyles, and zoning. I know other people hate it, but I personally enjoy planting bombs on platforms while being on the other side throwing grenades when the other can barely approach me. When he does, it's either the bombs hitting him, or if he has high %, kill him when he approaches me. He's not a character for people who hate camping and only like to get in, but he's a character for me.)
1. Wario (Obvious. Though I only recently mained him. I always liked him, but I started using him more after playing Wario Land 4 again and giving Warioware another chance, and there I realized I was playing him wrong for the whole time. I thought he was a ground fighter, but he's actually an aerial one. I thought he was limited, but he has so much options. I thought his moves were weird and not that good, but he actually has few sucky moves. I thought he wasn't as fun as other characters, but he was after playing him the way he should be played.)
2. Dr. Mario (He's Mario on crack. What else do I need to say?)
1. Captain Falcon (Fast, strong and manly. He's just so stylish, and winning with him feels so rewarding. Definitely my character in Melee.)
...Yeah I only use these two in Melee lol.