Thread: [Gen V] My OU Team (RMT)
View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2012 (11:46 AM).
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by PlatinumDude:
From what I've seen, this looks like a bit of a Sandstorm team to me. The only Pokemon that would benefit from Ninetales' Drought are Salamence and Espeon. The sun also weakens Starmie's Hydro Pump. If Ninetales goes down and the weather is changed, Espeon's Morning Sun would be almost useless as well.

Since you're weak to Bug, Ghost and Dark, a Steel Pokemon like Heatran can help you here:
-Lava Plume
-Stealth Rock/Roar
-Will-o-Wisp/Toxic
-Protect
Nature: Calm
EVs: 248 HP/252 SDef/8 Spe
Item: Leftovers

or
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power (Ice/Grass)
-Stealth Rock/Substitute/Taunt/Flame Charge
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Air Balloon
Thanks for your advice! :D I've tested out both sets you suggested and the Timid/Life Orb set worked the best for me. Heatran is exactly what I was looking for since it benefits from the sun and can take the Ghost and Dark type attacks aimed at the rest of my team. The sun does weaken Starmie's Hydro Pump but I haven't had a problem with that yet. As for Espeon's Morning Sun being useless when Ninetales is KO'ed, that usually doesn't happen often but what other move should I replace it with?

Quote originally posted by tj4bigred:
If you do switch Ninetales for Heatran, switch Espeon's Hidden Power to Fighting. It provides perfect neutral coverage with Shadow Ball, and hits the Steels and Darks that counter its other moves.
Wouldn't it be better to switch Tyranitar with Heatran since Heatran would benefit from the sun? I like the idea about switching Hidden Power to Fighting though. I have had trouble with Dark types taking Espeon out because I couldn't do anything.