Thread: [Gen V] ou team
View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2012 (09:26 PM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
If you're using a fast spread on Tyranitar, the nature should be Hasty and the EVs should be 56 Atk/200 SAtk/252 Spe so that Tyranitar can make use of its special moves; even with little investment, it still hits hard with its physical moves. However, a bulky spread of a Sassy nature with 252 HP/64 SAtk/192 Spe is still preferred so that Tyranitar can make the most ouf of its bulkiness.

Skarmory should use a Careful nature, not a Sassy one, since it's not exactly using its Special Attack and sometimes a neutral EV-free Speed can be useful for Roost. Also, Whirlwind is preferred over Roar so that your phazing isn't blocked by Soundproof (but Roar is still viable if you can't breed).

Salamence is better off using Fire Blast over Fire Fang to help it deal with special walls. You can also consider Lum Berry over Dragon Gem so that Salamence can cure its post-Outrage confusion or any status it takes while setting up.

Honestly, Jolteon is a bit out of place here. I mean, how would the Sandstorm benefit it? As I can see, you have a pretty hard time with bulky Waters. Magnezone is a better alternative because its Steel typing synergizes very well with Salamence's Dragon typing. It also traps and eliminates opposing Steel Pokemon:
-Substitute
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power (Fire/Ice)
-Charge Beam/Flash Cannon
Nature: Timid
EVs: 36 HP/252 SAtk/220 Spe
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull

or
-Thunderbolt
-Volt Switch
-Flash Cannon
-Hidden Power (Fire/Ice)
Nature: Modest/Timid
EVs: 148 HP/252 SAtk/108 Spe (Modest) or 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe (Timid)
Item: Choice Specs (Modest)/Choice Scarf (Timid)
Ability: Magnet Pull

You can also consider Trick somewhere on Jirachi

(if there's anything else I may have overlooked, anyone is free to comment)