Thread: [Gen V] ou team
View Single Post
Old July 15th, 2012 (01:09 PM).
Gold Tier

Nature: Modest
Quote originally posted by Grandpa Freeman:
even though magnezone is a steel type it's so slow and doesn't have access to a faster volt switch like jolteon does also even if scizor switches in on jolteon i can get a free dragon dance on almost anything with salamence since it forces so many switches this is why jolteon is an annoyer because it can beat a lot of things really easily and is good for the momentum of the team.
It maybe slow but it makes up for it in its all round better stats (bar speed) and ability. Why would you get a free dragon dance if Scizor switches in on Jolteon? I'm so confused by this post omfg.

Wait, do you mean since you have Jolteon out they'll switch to Scizor, you then Volt Switch out to Salamance who then gets a free dragon dance...? Because if so that's not happening. If Jolteon is in and it's going up against a Scizor, that Scizor is either going to Swords Dance or slam you with a choice band U-turn which will damage Salamence either way. Salamence will then either have to face a +2 Bullet Punch which will OHKO it or face something else such as a faster Pokemon that has access to a Rock/Ice/Dragon move.

Also why does Salamence have Fire Fang? Fire Blast > Fire Fang. Skarmory and Ferrothorn laugh at Fire Fang, even at +1
it'll keep you up all night

boy you belong to me
i got the recipe
and it's called black magic

1349 6159 4149 // black magic