View Single Post
Old July 15th, 2012, 03:39 PM
redriders180
Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via AIM to redriders180 Send a message via Skype™ to redriders180
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalStatic View Post
Hello, I have another question. I wasn't sure where to post this - on the script help thread or this one. But I'm having trouble with this script. Well, not really with the script. The problem is, when the script gets to the "applymovement 5 @m2" command, somehow the player gets turned into the person event... The camera unlatches from the player and locks onto the person event... Then, the script ends and my game freezes. Help please?

Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
textcolor 0x0
message @t1 6
applymovement 0xFF @m1
waitmovement 0x0
message @t2 6
giveitem 0x4 0x1 MSG_OBTAIN
trainerbattle 0x1 0x2E5 0x0 @before @after @further
end

#org @further
message @t3 6
applymovement 5 @m2
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x5
setflag 0x527
setvar 0x5024 0x1
release
end

#org @m2
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0xFE

#org @t3
= Thank you for battling me.\nYou may pass.

#org @after
= Very nice. You may pass.

#org @before
= But before I let you pass, how\nabout a POKéMON battle?

#org @t2
= I'm here to give all of the new\ntrainers a starting POKé BALL.\pPOKé BALLS can be used to catch\nPOKéMON in wild battles.\pHere you go!

#org @m1
#raw 0x1
#raw 0xFE

#org @t1
= Excuse me...
(Wasn't sure where to post this because it's not really a scripting problem I don't think... It's more of a bug or something.)
Is it a green script tile that activates it, or a person event, or a level script? If person event, and the event you talk to is set to "Look down", change it to "No movement". Otherwise, I'm not completely sure. XSE is completely fine with taking numbers that don't begin with 0x...0x simply means its a hex number. Omit it, and XSE will assume it's a decimal number, and do the necessary conversions.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenInfernoZX View Post
How do I make a sprite disappear or reappear from a different map? Like the the guy in the original FR/LG that blocked Cerulean Cave.
The best way is to assign a unique person ID to the person, and set the flag with that person ID. So, if you gave the person an ID of 0027, using "setflag 0x27" will make him disappear permanently.

Thank you for hatching the eggs!
Please view these dragons! Just click them and you're done!
If you don't help them grow up, they'll die...

Last edited by redriders180; July 15th, 2012 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.