A new writer looking for advice
View Single Post
July 15th, 2012 (9:38 PM).
It's "I Come Anon"
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Northern Virginia
Welcome to the forum, MMT! Hope you enjoy your stay.
So, as for your questions/statements:
1. There's no such thing as too high a level of writing for this forum. The idea is to write as well as you can and then to get better; we're all learners here.
2. No better time to start, then!
1. Generally, people around here dislike generic journey fics, where the nondescript protagonist gets up, gets his first pokemon, and then starts his journey to get the badges, all as if it's a game transcription.
is a highly respected resource around here for wisdom on the subject.
2. I won't tell you to avoid any writers. We try to keep drama to a minimum.
3. See that thread above.
Also, check out
for writing info, and
My chapter fics:
Kanto: The Disputed Frontier
- 14 chapters, indefinite hiatus.
Gary Stu's Unpredictable Adventure
- 8 chapters, completed.
- 7 chapters, ongoing
There's Always Tomorrow
A Matter of Stubbornness
Left by the Roadside
(SWC 2011 1st place),
Giovanni Destroys the World and Everything in It
By What Right?
(SWC 2013 1st place),
Back in the Day
(SWC 2014 1st place)
Family (kind of?):
Strange person who calls me strange names
If the pen is mightier than the sword, the keyboard is mightier than the ICBM.
View Public Profile
Send a private message to icomeanon6
Find all posts by icomeanon6
Find threads started by icomeanon6