View Single Post
Old July 16th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Atomic Pirate
I always win.

Nature: Impish
Digimon are created by taking an animal, covering it with thousands of weapons, spikes, armor, and markings, and calling it *something*-mon. These names are very uncreative, in contrast to Pokemon's witty names. Pokemon also, in appearance, are based off of real creatures, for the most part, and retain a fantasy appeal. Digimon are just giant robots. It's also obvious that Digimon was created to compete with Pokemon, but in that it failed miserably.

Digimon isn't even close to being a good Pokemon knockoff. Just compare a few creatures and note the differences. While Digimon have to resort to spikes, robotic limbs, armor, masks, markings, and all this other crap, Pokemon is much more simple in that regard.

Another thing that sticks out about Digimon is the color schemes. The color scheme of a Digimon is almost always random, and without any reason. Pokemon, though, have meaningful color schemes, or at least ones that look good together. Although some of the newer Pokemon exhibit Digimon-like traits (Black and White Kyurem, anyone?), I doubt that Pokemon will ever get quite as bad as Digimon.
FC: 2148-8142-2372

PM me if you add me.

My Friend Safari is Water-type, with Gyarados, Azumarill, and Octillery.