View Single Post
Old July 16th, 2012, 12:26 PM
wombateiro
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by voicerocker View Post
I doubt Hoenn will get a sequel because Gen 3 was not designed for sequels. In B/W, we were only told about Reshiram and Zekrom, while Kyurem's story was saved for the sequels. Rayquaza's story was told in the 3rd version of Gen 3, so why would they go with sequels if the Groudon vs. Kyogre battle has already happened? It would make little sense to just have those events happen again when the intent was to tell the whole story back on the GBA. So if Hoenn appears in another game, I feel it would be plain remakes. Gen 5 was made to be finished with sequels, even though that wasn't their original plan.
I agree, Hoenn has nothing left for sequels. On the other hand, it has potential of many things to be added in remakes, like new post-game islands and events.

It must be noticed that sequel stories are made only for regions with connection to solid land, because it gives opportunity to start sequel story in new place - Kanto got story continuation in neighboring Johto. Unova got sequels because of having solid land not included in original B/W. Hoenn and Sinnoh are islands - there is nowhere to make new beginning in those regions. There are also no legendaries left in those regions to make sequels.