View Single Post
Old July 17th, 2012 (03:30 AM).
Team Hoenn

but doesn't the pokerus remaining byte get removed if u box a pokemon? i'm not really sure if it will save that value and load it or randomize it when u take it out.

Also unless i'm mistaken, isn't the bit that controls ablility the last bit in the 'personality' dword? this word controls every random attribute a pokemon has when its first met (i think neway...), and theres no other check for ability otherwise. So in this case, in order for a hidden ability to exist, the game would have to run a check to see if the byte for the hidden ability (in the pokemon data structure) was set and load the hidden ability, and run the normal ability check if its not present (because that byte wouldn't exist for wild pokemon). Which could be done, i guess, but would take a lot of work to make it work. [I might be totally wrong about this tho XD]

And i'm not totally sure of this, but the language word might be used in a check somewhere when trading pokemon between different language versions? i dunno... bulbapedia has given a list of valid values, so i guess there must be a check somewhere....

newayz... sorry i'm such a wet blanket ... but i guess if we could find some use for it, it could lead to some pretty cool new features