View Single Post
Old July 17th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Adventure
do it my o w n way

Nature: Naive
Before we begin, I will present some additional guidelines. I guess what I'm trying to do here is make this RP feel more like a game and less like if you're writing a story and have to come up with everything on your own. But rest assured that I will do my best to give you free will and get to shape the story too! Just, in the beginning, I might steer you a little because there are some things that just have to happen...

ACTIONS:
when do you have to end your post?

- WALK. As long as you're only moving around in the area you currently are in, you are free to do this as much as you like. If you want to enter an area which I haven't previously described though, you'll have to end a post there and wait for my reply. Common RP sense really, don't you think?

- FALLING ASLEEP / WAKING UP. Whenever you do this, end your post.

- INTERACT. When you do something that is meant to affect another player/NPC in some way, it's fair to let him/her/me post the result.
If you talk to another player's character, you'll naturally have to end your post soon afterwards and wait for them to reply (unless you make a joint post). Same for NPCs!
Also, using the ALCHEMITER falls under this category!

- STRIFE. When you spot an enemy (or several) and intend to fight it (or them), I'll give you the option to go into strife mode, using a weapon from your Strife Specibus to fight. Strife mode means that you'll be allowed to control enemies in your post and can deal blows and whatnot without having to end the post. When an unusually strong enemy appears, I might take control of it though.

- OTHER ACTIONS. Really, all things you can do that won't affect anyone else directly or blow up a building or something. Like eating, yawning, screaming, dancing, uh... captchaloguing things to your sylladex... These and more, you can do whenever you like in a post and don't have to think about.

- REVISE / DEPLOY. Special case! You can build and deploy stuff how much you want, but if I think you're exceeding your grist limit I will tell you so, and perhaps even nullify some action if necessary. You can SELECT stuff and move it around though!

And now the adventure begins...

VIEVE

(first, this is the narrative part. I'm telling a story in second person present tense. What tense you want to write in is up to you, and you can write in 3rd person as most RPers usually do, or in 1st person if you like. It's totally up to you, I just write in second person in my posts because that's how Homestuck does ;) )

The date is July 1st in the year 2012. You are standing in your room, hearing one of your kittens meowing from somewhere in the house. For once, Gavin is at home - spacing out in the sunlight in the garden, probably tired from some party he went to yesterday - while your mother went downtown to visit one of the gardens she helped developing. Today you don't have time care about them though! Today is when you and your three friends will install SBURB, the game that came in that strange email. Among the weirdly urgent stuff that the email said, was that the game came in two files and that the four of you should start with dividing into pairs. One in each pair should install the SERVER file and the other should install the CLIENT file. Apparently this has to be done to make the game work.

==> This is where the COMMAND will go, after this sign. Regard the command as an objective to be reached, but you can post about other things before you choose to reach the objective.

==> Decide through Pesterchum with whom to play and if you will be the server or client. Then simply begin SBURB's installation process.

RICARDO

The date is July 1st in the year 2012. You are standing in your room, having taken a break from Minecraft on this unusually hot day. Your father is away on some... well, you don't know where he has gone and frankly you're amazed that you even noticed that he was gone. Your brother is likely so as well, out training or something else that you would never join him in. But today isn't a day to be grumpy on. It's the day when you and three of your friends will install the game that you all got in an email. SBURB. You virus checked it several times but came up with nothing, so maybe it is actually just a game. Among the weirdly urgent stuff that the email said, was that the game came in two files and that the four of you should start with dividing into pairs. One in each pair should install the SERVER file and the other should install the CLIENT file. Apparently this has to be done to make the game work.

==> Decide through Pesterchum with whom to play and if you will be the server or client. Then simply begin SBURB's installation process.

CANDICE

The date is July 1st in the year 2012. You are standing in your room, staring out your crazily large window. Your father is gone, like he is on most days, leaving you alone on this summer's day. This day you don't have to make an effort to come up with something to do though. You have SBURB, the game that came in a strange email. What's even stranger is that three of your friends around the world also got similar mails, but not identical. Among the weirdly urgent stuff that the email said, was that the game came in two files and that the four of you should start with dividing into pairs. One in each pair should install the SERVER file and the other should install the CLIENT file. Apparently this has to be done to make the game work.

VINNIE

The date is July 1st in the year 2012. You are standing in one of your rooms, with tons of things to amuse yourself with, but no will to use any of it today. Both your parents are at work now but your grandma should be somewhere in the house. Shortly put, it's a great day for testing out a new computer game that came in the email to you and your friends. Among the weirdly urgent stuff that the email said, was that the game came in two files and that the four of you should start with dividing into pairs. One in each pair should install the SERVER file and the other should install the CLIENT file. Apparently this has to be done to make the game work. Maybe the sender is a lady in distress?

moderator of roleplay corner & pokémon general
proudly paired with abnegation
¤

Last edited by Adventure; July 20th, 2012 at 05:08 AM.