View Single Post
Old July 17th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMetagross View Post
I will have to say CLOYSTER! Seriously. Access to the best boosting move in the game in Shell Smash and decent offensive stats to abuse the boosts with, 125 BP 100% accurate STAB and coverage moves that can break through Sashes and Subs in Icicle Spear and Rock Blast because of Skill Link, and mammoth Physical defense protecting it from nearly every priority move. It's pretty easy to Shell Smash with good support from teammates, and the only downsides to Cloyster are it's mediocre stats before Shell Smash (which doesn't really matter because it's not hard to get a boost) and Special Defense that equals a wet paper bag. The only Pokemon that I can think of right now that is a full stop to Cloyster is Empoleon. I used to run Empoleon on my OU team because I was so scared of Cloyster. Every time I run into a Cloyster, I lose at least three Pokes because it's a freaking monster after the boosts. It also can use many items like White Herb to stay phenomenally bulky even after Shell Smash, Focus Sash to lead with it and guarantee a boost, or just Life Orb to wreck everything. I hate it and it needs to go.
It doesn't really 'need' to go, lmao. Cloyster maybe a monster when it has Shell Smash but it has its weaknesses. Being vulnerable to all 3 entry hazards, and being weak to Stealth Rock hinders it. After Shell Smash it gets its defense lowered by 2 making non white herb variations open to physical priority such as Bullet Punch and Mach Punch. It also has a base 45 special defense which is again lowered to ugly levels once its Shell Smashed making even one special attack probably end it. Ferrothorn also resists it running its standard spread iirc.