View Single Post
Old July 17th, 2012, 02:25 PM
redriders180
Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via AIM to redriders180 Send a message via Skype™ to redriders180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
You need to tidy up the list of unencrypted data, it's very hard to read in the format you have it in.

Anyway - For the creation of formes in FR, I actually used the upper half of the mark byte as storage for the forme ID. There are 4 marks, which can be set to on or off, which is, of course, a binary setting, which means they use a bit each.

This leaves 4 bits in the upper half of that byte which are unused. After a minor rewrite of the decrypter and encrypter, I was able to gain these bits for my own use.

4 bits allows for 16 possible combinations, which is actually quite a lot in terms of formes.

The "upper half" of the byte refers to the leftmost bits in binary:

128 64 32 16 8 4 2 1

In more ROM hacking orientated terms, it means that of a mark byte 0x32, the 0x30 stands for the forme the Pokémon is currently in while the 0x2 stands for which marks is has assigned to it.
Heh, I guess it would be a good idea to proofread before I post...I'll tidy that up after I do this post.

I had noticed the marks that are used for boxes, and I thought it could be useful, since I don't really know anyone who uses them, except that they're modifiable on a whim. That was a good idea for the formes, though! Maybe we could use a similar method for abilities, or other things.

If it's not too much to ask, would you share your routine for decrypting the "data" subsection?

Superfan of Pokemon Glazed? Click here to join the official Pokemon Glazed Facebook Page!

Thank you for hatching the eggs!
Please view these dragons! Just click them and you're done!
If you don't help them grow up, they'll die...

Last edited by redriders180; July 17th, 2012 at 02:48 PM.