View Single Post
Old July 19th, 2012 (12:19 AM).
Anti
I forgive you, Chris Bosh.

Nature: Serious
(*maybe* offtopic but close enough. sue me)

I think we should follow the game mechanics largely for the reasons Obi outlined. Which includes the things like WiFi Sleep Clause you mentioned.

Quote:
Focus Blast and Fire Blast missing is your own fault for not using the alternative moves, pretty simple really
How weak is that? What am I supposed to use, HP Fight? Now I lose Speed ties and can't even hurt anything because of low base power? I think it's funny that the very Pokemon you complain about being broken (Reuniclus) relies on a horribly inaccurate move to compensate for the so-so coverage of its STAB. Same goes for Stone Edge. Are you seriously suggesting I use Rock Slide (which still can miss at a key moment) on my CB Terrakion?

Quote:
Wouldnt this be partially mitigated if you didnt have to think "well my weather/<mon> counter could be potentially critted to death?"
Not really...? Crits add variability but I don't see how they throw off balance; I don't see where you're going with this. Crits exist in perfectly balanced metagames, don't they?