Thread: Ruby hack: Pokemon Ruby 2
View Single Post
Old July 19th, 2012 (3:37 PM).
Starting anew...
Nature: Timid
Originally Posted by pinta77 View Post
The starter pokemon have been changed.(see first post) It's still not a realistic party to beat the elite 4 with, but it's a bit more believable in my opinion. I need to do something about combusken though because while swampert and sceptile learn muddy water and leafblade(respectively), combusken appears to be too high level and has passed up blaze kick. I could fix that i suppose. (forgot what the program is called to do that >.<)

@sarcastic prince
you've brought up an excellent point. Up to this point, the protagonist is a silent character. I have an idea in mind in which you aren't playing as the protagonist for a quick second, which would open up the door for him/her to talk. I have no clue if I'll be able to script that though. We'll find out.

I'll see what other colors I can use besides yellow.

Also, if you don't choose the boy, Rui will start to flirt with Wally just sayin.

Also, to anyone who thinks the sewer is a graphical mess, you'll be happy to know it's huge. How would you like to get lost in it? I don't think there are any better tiles in the game to use, so I might have to look into custom tiles. It's something I've never done before.
Replies in bold:
1) You can edit moves by using Yape. Refer to here:

2)That requires ASM, a very advanced type of scripting.

3)That's fine, as long as long as it's still a romantic story, I'm all fine with it.

4)Like I've said before, Azure Horizons (Refer to here: has some sewer tiles. You can ask permission to borrow them. Refer to give credtis.
I am now an anime dubber, cover singer and a fan of anime. I can still apply as a translator and grammar corrector, though.