View Single Post
Old July 21st, 2012, 08:27 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by diegoisawesome View Post
No, your save file from the old beta won't work in the Redux. This is because the Redux is a complete reimagining from a fresh ROM.
I discovered that! I went to the existing save in the western region of Gate 1 and saw that my Mikachu had evolved:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/attachm...1&d=1342887627

After that, I exited out and the game hung without going back to the prior window. I was still on the map when I loaded the save, I could wander around, and even look at the Town Map in my bag, but the new version obviously needs a new save. Darnit, I had a picture of all the Pokémon I caught and I overwrote it with another screenshot. I'll have to retitle the save and review that, though I don't know if they all exist now in Route 1.

Time to map the new Lake Zigger! I see a resemblence already in the town design, and am actually intrigued by the port entry; putting the boat area there is a VERY interesting idea, forcing a quick quest at the start and eventual town entry through the gatehouse, locking you into the start of the game. Shipment from Mom (yeah, mine wouldn't do that LMAO) was a nice touch. Liking the new version. Haven't visited Oak yet because I like mapping the areas first (also, my time taking screenshots won't count in the playing time since I'm not really "playing", hence save state abuse LMAO). Someday they'll formulate a playthrough or Youtube video guide. I promised one for Liquid Crystal too someday.

Cyclone
Attached Images
File Type: png PSO Mikachu 2.5.png‎ (6.2 KB, 45 views) (Save to Dropbox)
"Y'know...my Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.