Thread: Ruby hack: Pokémon SkyLine
View Single Post
Old July 25th, 2012, 11:52 AM
dyee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vato View Post
Once again, another oddity:

I went to route 3-B, where I found Tauros (4 times, all of them Lv.10), I caught one of them, I went to the Pokemon Center to add it to my party (I already had 6 pokemon), once I added Tauros, I checked its stats to see how much EXP it needed for its next level, then I checked my other Pokemon:

This is what appeared:

Eevee: 3 (Seven Blank Spaces) 447
Pidgeotto: 3 (Seven Blank Spaces) 974
Skitty: 3 (Seven Blank Spaces) 979
Zangoose: 3 (Seven Blank Spaces) 1817
Wartortle: 3 (Seven Blank Spaces) 961
Tauros: 317711618 (No Blank Spaces)

If I change to Battle Moves and Contest Moves (which by the way appears as C0ntest Moves), the weird '3' dissapears from all my pokemon, along with the blank spaces, but Tauros still says it needs all that experience (317711618).

Another thing, the flying-leaders Doduo is named 'Dodou'

EDIT: Went back to route 3-B and used Tauros to see if it actually needed that huge amount of experience..., and it does... dunno why, but it does.
This is the "level 10 bug". Any pokemon level 10 or 100 is related to the same bug.

Here's what happened to me in regards to the bug:

Level 7 Ralts. Leveled it up to 10 normally, then required 300 million experience to the next level. Fed it a Rare Candy (which would be the same thing as leveling it) and it hits level 100. This applied for a level 10 Aron I caught, as well as a level 8 Magikarp (many appeared as level 10, but I tried to catch a level 8 one to see if it was bugged, and surely enough, it was).

In regards to Charmeleon, mine learns moves fine (Flamethrower @34, Wing Attack @36, etc)

Also, where in the world do you get Cut? It's in Twinkle Town, but from who?

Last edited by dyee; July 25th, 2012 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.