View Single Post
Old July 27th, 2012 (12:39 AM).
Dartht33bagger
Only plays Gen I and II

I don't see how this would really do anything other than creating a new issue where 16 year olds drive anyways. Hell, when I was a sophomore in high school I remember a few kids my age going to court because they got pulled over driving on their permit (in Oregon you can get a permit at 15, which lets you drive a car if someone that has a drivers license over the age of 21 is present). Whos to say that more kids wouldn't just do this anyways?

Not to mention there are just people that are terrible drivers no matter what age they are. I have friends that I wouldn't be caught dead in a car with because they are such terrible drivers. They were terrible at 16, and they are still terrible at 19.

Quote originally posted by droomph:

Well either way, it's pretty embarrassing to not be able to drive to class (or get around) in college. Though a bike should work, you're a big boy now. You don't need no parents.
Honestly, this is a weak argument. I know plenty of people in college that take public transportation to school and work everyday - and that doesn't require a drivers license. In fact, my 31 year old lab partner last term did exactly that, and I don't recall anyone laughing at him for not driving to school.