View Single Post
Old July 28th, 2012 (9:29 AM).
If all we have is time then we'll be alright
Silver Tier
Nature: Quiet
Originally Posted by Sector Revenge View Post
Dragons are the strongest of 'em all! Though they do take forever to grow up and evolve -_- What is it with Dragons and Level 55? Is 55 a natural number for them? lol I don't remember catching Dratini in R/B/Y actually. I only first caught a Dragon type in G/S/C, & yes it was Dratini. Then again I caught a Horsea way past that as I was a decent fan of Seadra in the R/B/Y series. I believe I evolved Seadra to Kingdra prior to Dragonair to Dragonite. All-in-all, out of all the non-Legendary Dragons, Salamence has given me the most pleasure to train, travel & battle with. Even in the Pokemon Trading Card games, he kick butts!
Yeah, the downside to training Dragon types. I think the 55 evolution level just comes from it being the level Dragonair evolved in, and then it's just carried over with all the other Dragon types, just like how most starters and 2 evolutionary lines in general usually evolves around 32-36, since that's how it originally was.

I don't actually recall catching/receiving any Dragon types other than Dratini in the first two generations whenever I've played the game, apart from a Bagon which I only recently caught while playing through a borrowed Sapphire version. I never got around to evolving it to Salamence, but I just felt like I wanted to have a Dragon type. But yeah, I caught and trained it post-game in which there wasn't much to do, so I didn't quite enjoy it as much as I could've when I was younger, so yeah :p

I really don't know how good any Pokémon is in the TCG, since all I did was collect the cards, though I do remember I had a few Dragon types.
Join some clubs!