Thread: Research: FireRed Pokédex Hacking
View Single Post
Old July 29th, 2012, 12:46 AM
Ark_Silvanos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
Buddy, I had to completely rewrite the Pokédex for it to support regional dexes. It simply is not designed to support a regional dex. The Kanto dex in FR is literally the national dex but cut to only be 151 long.

I built a brand new routine for it to support the National Dex, but it's combined with a lot of small changes in other places to make it all work.

Even then, I still have at least one thing which I've overlooked at this stage which will need fixed, so it's not finished.
ah no... i was just trying to extend the kanto dex... kinda like "faking" a regional dex, not an actual regional dex like in GSC ... I figured there must be a check for the national dex when the data was being displayed on the summary screen, but I was having trouble finding the routine that does this to check....

Your work is impressive, to say the least, and I wasn't trying to take away from it... but in my hack, i figured around 180 pokemon would be enough, so i wanted to remove the national dex completely and only leave the Kanto Dex, so i figured it would only be a couple of checks that needed bypassing. But what u've found so far are the main things, so its fine. :D