View Single Post
Old July 29th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Olli
we keep this love in a photograph

Username: Olli97
Nickname: Olli
Favorite Pokemon: PIDGEY OMG!
Favorite Move: Aerial Ace, it has saved me so many times, I don't even know.
Partner Pokemon and Pokemon's name: "Pidgey the Pidgey" the Pidgey :>
Would you like to be notified when new features, games, and competitions are added to the club? Yes

Spearow/Fearow or Pidgey/Pideotto/Pidgeot? Why?

Though I do like Spearow's aggressive nature, the Pidgey line overshines that by so much. I've pretty much always loved Pidgey, ever since the first playthrough of Blue that I actually remember. It was the first Pokémon that I ever caught and fully raised apart from my starter, and just that gave me so many reasons to love. Though it may not be that strong in comparison to the other starter birds, I've always love it for its simple yet stunning design, as well as the moves it learn. This may all be because my nostalgia goggles are set a bit too tight, though I'm sure I'm not the only Pokéfan who has taken a nostalgia filled liking to Pidgey.

Spearow on the other hand, apart from liking its concept, I don't really like it at all. I just never found it as a Pokémon I'd ever like to be part of my main team, and thus I've never really trained one. I do remember that I once borrowed my Leaf Green out to a friend, and then he ended up wasting my Master Ball on a Fearow because someone told him it was a fourth bird to the legendary trio. Oh believe me I was mad, though yeah. The Spearow line has never been anything I've liked, and I probably never will.