View Single Post
Old July 29th, 2012 (11:36 AM). Edited July 29th, 2012 by Olli.
Say my name, silverflame, take control
Silver Tier

Nature: Quiet
Name: Olli97
Partner Pokemon: Lugia and Suicune

Who do you prefer as an ancestor/a god of all Pokemon: Mew vs Arceus?

Well I don't really prefer any of them, because they both have different concepts and different stories. Arceus is believed to have created Sinnoh along with the lake trio and Dialga, Palkia and Giratina as far as I know, so I only really see Arceus as a demigod. Its origin doesn't reach beyond Sinnoh, and though it may be the strongest Pokémon, I'd never consider it a god.

Mew on the other hand is believed to be the ancestor of all Pokémon, mainly because it's able to learn every single move, because it holds the DNA of every Pokémon there is. Remember, I'm only speaking out of memory. Mew was never believed to be God, as it didn't hold any godly powers, or had any backstory that ever came near that, though most of its race was extinct and therefore very rare, giving it such a reputation.

All in all, I don't really like the idea that there should be a Pokémon God, as it kinda diminishes the other legendaries, and since nothing could surpass a god, there wouldn't really be anything that could suprise us that much. So yeah, I believe Arceus is the creator of Sinnoh and Mew to be the ancestor of all Pokémon.