View Single Post
Old July 30th, 2012 (10:08 PM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote originally posted by Zagan:
Cool, first off, ty for the info;

I never really considered Substitute as a protective thing, Electravire is mostly there to activate flash fire as my teams main tac is to power up Chand (1 calm mind + fire gem + flash fire activated) and then attack with heat wave - this on most occasions does at least 50% off full hp, and thats against water or other types fire is weak against (i spose i could get Whims for prankster/sunny day to make it even more powered).

Noted, will change ASAP

It would seem to be dark, when i used Pory-z before i used it mostly for smashing mons with a 160 base tri attack, but what you say makes more sence, tbf i tend to go with a monster i like the look of and try and pick out decent moves, or go to smogon for a build lol - i never seem to quite get the team work aspect of double and triple battles lol sometimes i get it right on the nose, this will be something ill have to check and experiment with :D

Simipour is only there cause i like the look of him, if there is a better mon of any type, im happy to experiment, was thinking of Braivary/staraptor perhaps?

With Durant, yeah - that i can agree with, i forgot there would still be an accuracy deficit from hustle even with the wide lens, only problem is his 4x fire weakness

As for Scizor, I actually had your second suggested set up for him.

I wouldnt mind trying to build a whole new team, apart from Chand and Electravire (they are like my two faves ever ) but as you can tell from my current line up - im not the best at team building, but your points I will indeed take into consideration, specially with conk and substitute, just a matter of tweaking things so that I can land a fire punch before sub :D
Electivire has Motor Drive, not Flash Fire. Chandelure is the one who has that ability. xP Like I said, Electivire's not as good as it used to be. Test it out in OU and see for yourself. Chandelure, on the other hand, does pretty decently in OU despite being a UU Pokemon (because it used to be OU). Oh and use Fire Blast over Heat Wave; the 20 extra Base Power helps.

Braviary and Staraptor are...interesting choices to say the least. But Braviary is held back by its average Speed and Staraptor's overuse of recoil moves wears it down easily. Both are also weak to Stealth Rock. Speaking of Stealth Rock, Chandelure is weak to it too. You're going to need a Rapid Spinner, like, say, Forretress or Starmie:
-Spikes
-Toxic Spikes
-Rapid Spin
-Gyro Ball/Earthquake/Volt Switch
Nature: Relaxed/Sassy
EVs: 252 HP/176 Def/80 SDef (Relaxed) or 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef (Sassy)
Item: Leftovers/Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy

Starmie:
-Hydro Pump/Surf
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Rapid Spin/Recover
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Leftovers/Expert Belt
Ability: Natural Cure