View Single Post
Old July 31st, 2012, 11:17 AM
Lornami
Let's share the fruit of fate!

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astorath View Post
i can understand everything you guys say but see the thing is
how come tobias and others can get legendary pokemon like dragonite , and latios and darkrai but ash cant
Because Tobias was a big fat cheater. :|
But really, he was cheap story reason to why Ash wouldn't win the Sinnoh league. I don't think it would have hurt him to win, but the writers needed him to scoot on to Unova.

Quote:
also how come ash does get any rare. i can understand why he doesn't have allot of pokemon. i cant realy understand why he doesn't have a legendary mainly because i know people say oh there are only one of each legendary but i doubt that. there is no proof that there is just one of each i mean lugia had a child so it stands to reason that there are more than one of each . so i cant really understand that but at the very least why cant he have a rare Pokemon.
He has a shiny Noctowl? That's rare. He's just not a connoisseur of rare pokemon? All the legendaries he meets are in the middle of doing important things, why does he need to catch them? I've already said that he doesn't catch pokemon because he just feels like it or wants a lot. There is no reason for him to catch a legendary, story or personality wise.

Quote:
also you say that he only catches so many so he can focus on the ones he has but he just abandons them all basically when he goes to the next area i dont get that..
Read again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lornami View Post
Once they become his friends and reach their highest potential, or their potential rests in the training of someone else, he doesn't have a problem letting them go because friends are forever.
He trains Pokemon so they can reach their potential. Once they get there, using them over and over would not let him interact with any other pokemon afterwards. So they go off to do something they are better at or need to do or find something to do at Prof. Oak's. Except Pikachu because he never counts.

Quote:
as far as the leagues go i know you say its not that important but you would think after all his travels he would be able to atleast win one league and bet the elite four once and be a champion
He won the Orange Islands. He finished the Battle Frontier challenge. You have to remember, there are many other trainers that have been traveling just as long as him or longer. Where are they? Paul is confirmed to have been just as far as Ash has, so wouldn't he also have the same right to become Champ? It means that winning leagues doesn't make you a Champion, or even eligible to take the Elite Four challenge, if that even exists in the anime. When you have full grown adults that are still traveling trainers it means it's going to take awhile. (Extra Note: You can also argue that a Pokemon Master and Pokemon Champion are not on the same route.)

Also pre-warning DON'T bring the game protags in this, we already know the games and anime work on really different levels. I'll fight that argument if you want, but eh.