Thread: Max
View Single Post
Old July 31st, 2012 (07:13 PM).
THE HOST IS BROKEN
Gold Tier

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
I think he brought a very different dynamic to the group. Before Hoenn we only had two other groups; Ash, Misty, Brock and Ash, Misty and Tracey. It was quite refreshing to have four in a group.

Though, speaking from my point of view character wise, I didn't dislike him. I thought it was a pretty neat idea, having May's younger brother join them on their journey. The writers did a good job in conveying him as just that, a younger brother. I think his role or purpose for the journey was interesting to say the least, they dealt well with it. Having a boy, younger than Ash start travelling already. Looking at his personality, he was just a child, and did crazy stuff like steal Ash's badge after he beat his father. I didn't see it as annoying, but was it as character development.

I have to admit there's a lot of potential for his character now, though. There's that promised battle with Ash, once he becomes a trainer. The fandom wants to see him go back and capture that Ralts he met. I suppose if we do see those R/S/E remakes, there's a chance the anime could take and give Max a cameo. It wouldn't be such a shabby idea. I could see him a little older and as a trainer (there are problems with that, seeing as Ash is still 10, but somehow I feel the anime will just ignore that factor anyway) and we could probably see a match between Ash and Max, most likely with Max harbouring a bunch of gen 3 Pokémon to advertise for R/S/E.
/Just my two cents.