Thread: Max
View Single Post
Old August 1st, 2012 (05:04 AM).

Nature: Modest
Ah Max, i always liked that kid.
He was overall good character who contributed when it comes to Ash development as trainer giving many useful information having very impressive knowledge about pokemon tactics and pokemon matching Brock.He may have not had pokemon but he compensated this handicap through other fields having his share of moments. I believe his presence helped Brock a lot in AG too compensating for loss of Misty, by having someone to who Brock could easier relate to having good character interaction. I also liked his fights with May, with whole brother-sister arguing adding interesting note to anime .

Hopefully one day he will return to have that promised battle with Ash. Although since characters don't age in pokemon, poor kid will from the looks of it stay forever at Petalburg gym rotting.

But ill be completely honest here. If i could choose, i would rather have Misty instead of Max in AG series. It would have been cool to have two girls in same cast at one, and Misty tomboyish personality would work well with May bubbly character imo. Since she was more mature at that point, she could teach her some things as well. Though back to reality, we all know writers will never include two girls in group.

But all in all , yeah i liked Max. He may have not had pokemon, but he compensated this handicap through other fields having his share of moments. One of best moments where he shined was in "Do i hear Ralts!".