View Single Post
Old August 2nd, 2012 (09:53 AM).
AEUG Pilot

Pokemon Sapphire Nuzlocke

Update 2

-LORAN evolvee to Lombrero on Route 102
-EDDIE evolved to Beautifly on Route 103 (East Side)
-BRAWLY solo'd by TED (Lv. 17), Wing Attack spam
-ABRAHAM evolves to Kadabra on Route 102
-ZIGGY evolves to Linoone on Route 117
-WATTSON solo'd by CASEY (Lv. 24), Double Kick spam

While the update is really short, the gameplay was pretty long. Defeating 700+ wild Pokemon is a feat, even with speeding. And of course, occasional 300+ runs from unwanted Pokemon. At least I got CASEY and LORAN's Speed EVs maxed. I also maxed CASEY's Attack EV. All that's left now is Loran's Sp. Attack EV (Ralts was too rare, so I'm waiting for Numel). I really have no idea why I was doing that, but I'll probably transfer them to Emerald for the Battle Frontier one day.

Encounter List
Spoiler:
Littleroot Town: Torchick ♂ Lv. 5, got and named CASEY
Route 101: Wurmple ♀ Lv. 3, killed - no Poke Balls
Route 103: Zigzagoon ♀ Lv. 3, caught and named ZIGGY
Route 102: Lotad ♂ Lv. 4, caught and named LORAN
Route 104: Wingull ♂ Lv. 5, caught and named FOSTER
Petalburg Woods: Silcoon ♂ Lv. 5, caught and named EDDIE
Route 116: Taillow ♂ Lv. 6, caught and named TED
Rusturf Tunnel: Whismur ♂ Lv. 7, caught and named SAM
-------
Granite Cave: Abra ♂ Lv. 9, caught and named ABRAHAM
Route 110: Gulpin ♂ Lv. 12, caught and named GULLIVER
Route 117: Roselia ♂ Lv. 14, killed

Team
Spoiler:

CASEY ♂ the Combusken, Adamant nature, Lv. 25
Double Kick
Peck
Scratch
Ember

TED ♂ the Taillow, Adamant nature, Lv. 21
Peck
Wing Attack
Double Team
Quick Attack

LORAN ♂ the Lombre, Quiet nature, Lv. 20
Astonish
Fake Out
Absorb
Nature Power

ZIGGY ♀ the Linoone, Docile nature, Lv. 20
Odor Sleuth
Tail Whip
Sand-Attack
Headbutt

EDDIE ♂ the Beautifly, Hardy nature, Lv. 20
Gust
Morning Sun
Absorb
Stun Spore

ABRAHAM ♂ the Kadabra, Timid nature, Lv. 21
Confusion
Teleport
Disable
Psybeam

Box
Spoiler:
SAM ♂ the Whismur, Lv. 7
GULLIVER ♂ the Gulin, Lv. 12

RIP
Spoiler:
FOSTER ♂ the Wingull, Lv. 5 > Lv. 15, killed by Roxanne's Nosepass's (Lv. 15) Rock Tomb

@yaminokaabi
Well I hope it's not just me. I always read what everyone's posting. It's around three posts a day with each being only few sentences long.

Also, where's the challenge if you soft reset after losing a Pokemon? I thought the challenge was beating the game AFTER losing your precious team mates, and that's the main rule (main trait) of the challenge. Unless you lose all six of them. Then it's game over, as it's pretty long and boring training weaklings again. Better off playing the game again from scratch. At least that's what I did when I lost my first Blue Nuzlocke. And I even managed to lose to Rival in Route 22 just before E4. I've also lost twice in Silver (didn't even have time to record it, as I died at second gym once, and against Rival after that gym). My first run of Sapphire was a trainwreck too. Lost to May on Route 110. And all 4 times I started back from scratch. Of course, switching to turbo since it would really be tiresome playing it all again at normal speed. But I've always respected the dead. I play carefully, and manage my party well, so I don't lose Pokemon too often. But when I lose them, I release them. That's why I sometimes get too carried away while grinding. With all party members being as strong as the next gym leader is too much power, since regular trainers are often weaker than that said gym leader.

PM for Happy Hour Smeagles