Thread: Development: Adding New Moves to Gen 3
View Single Post
Old August 4th, 2012 (5:44 PM).
Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by timson733333:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but repointing is when you take the reverse offset of the regular table and replace all instances of it in the ROM with the reverse offset of the new table...? That's what I've been doing, so I hope I haven't been screwing it up.
Uh. Sorry, I still don't get it, Timson. >.< Sorry for being such a noob...

Quote originally posted by timson733333:
EDIT: Okay, now I get it. I've expanded the move table! But when I view the moves in PGE, they're all glitched and have random powers/effects, and when I boot up my ROM, it crashes after gender selection. Am I doing something wrong? I selected the bytes in hex; should I have selected the bytes in decimal (e.g. converting 4260 to 10A4?) Other than that I think I repointed right (unless my definition of repointing was wrong, then please correct me) and I put everything into free space.

EDIT AGAIN: I selected the bytes in decimal and this time the moves came out clear. I made the move after Psycho Boost have a name, and then I booted up the ROM. Still crashes at gender selection. Is there something else I need to do?

EDIT YET AGAIN: Ok, it looks like whenever there's a name input, the game crashes. But the moves work just fine if I upload another savestate and bypass the name selection.
You're just lucky you got it to work. All I've done is crash my ROMs. I don't know where to paste or what to do or what to "repoint."