: Ruby hack:
[Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM
View Single Post
August 5th, 2012 (10:14 AM). Edited August 7th, 2012 by Snakebyte.
About time, I'd say...
Join Date: Jan 2010
This should be my final update to Light Platinum!
This will only work if patched to a
Ruby 1.0 ROM.
The patch is too large to upload as an attachment, so I've Sendspaced it again.
Edit: Mediafire mirror:
If you get a white screen, you are using the wrong rom, or your emulator is not correctly set. Turn VBA off, delete the Light Platinum.sa1 or .sav file, turn VBA back on, go to Options -> Emulator -> Save Type -> Flash 128k, turn VBA off again, then turn it back on and load the rom once more. If that doesn't work, you are not using a Ruby 1.0 Rom. When looking for it, googling '0907 Ruby 1.0 (U)' might help. I found one on 4shared.
I will not answer any questions about how to make this work on a phone, PSP, or anything that isn't Visual Boy Advance!
Updates (1.1 & Final):
- All Pokemon except Venipede's line now have the correct base experience and catch rates. Venipede giving tons of experience was something fun and memorable to me, so though it's not as much as before, they still give way more experience than they should.
- Kenta has been renamed to Gold, and is correctly referred to as Oak's
, not his
- Pokemon that were unavailable in Mt. Draken due to the wild encounters not working there will now show up in Mt. Shuem (the first area where you use Lava Surf), with Gible in the first area, and Bagon in the final one.
- Rayner (I think that's the correct name? The Serenity gym leader) will now always show up in the Power Plant. One or two text errors were fixed as well, and Growlithe can now learn HM05 Lava Surf. I did this for Tyranee's Let's Play months ago and never posted it.
- Unova Pokemon now have appropriate Pokedex entries, usually a slightly edited one combined from both Black and White due to space constraints.
- A serious glitch involving Emboar and possibly other Unova or Sinnoh starters has been fixed.
- The wild encounters in Mt. Draken and Mt. Winter now work properly, but I will be leaving Gible and Bagon in Mt. Shuem because I like Gible.
- An NPC on a bench in Yellow Town will now heal your Pokemon.
- Don't enter the Normal Rank Contest.
- You may need to enter and exit the Pokémon Center after Red's Gyarados uses Rain Dance in Esmerald City.
- Some items may respawn.
- Cries have not been changed, and Sinnoh Pokedex entries have not been corrected from Wesley's badly translated versions.
- Some Shinx on the overworld may heal your Pokemon if you talk to them. (Let me know if this happens, and where, and I'll fix it)
- Buggy events in Lauren. (Ash493 may be taking this project on.)
Thanks to (in no particular order)...
- Wesley FG, who made this hack and deserves far, far more credit than I do.
- Banjora Marxvile, for poking me and for making me take a look at the XP issue, and flat-out giving me the fix for the wild encounters.
- Ash493, for letting me know how healing scripts work, even though I am lazy and only did the bare minimum there.
- giradialkia, for making awesome music.
- 0shawott, for the Emboar thing.
- Sarcastic Prince, for the Kenta thing.
- Darthatron, HackMew, Lu-Ho, and anyone else who made tools I used.
This should be my last update. I just realized that I forgot to take a look at the boat, too. However, Ash493 has expressed a desire to bugfix more of the game, especially Lauren, and he has my permission to do so. While there may be future updates, it'll probably be him releasing them, not me.
Like last time, I've done very minimal testing, so if anything I did broke anything, let me know and I'll do what I can.
The Light Platinum English translation is complete, and can be found here: (
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Snakebyte
Find all posts by Snakebyte
Find threads started by Snakebyte