View Single Post
Old August 5th, 2012, 03:42 PM
manutdrule
Not your cup of tea.

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ach7AC View Post
I do not exactly agree with you. Snakewood did take place in a post-apocalyptic Hoenn, so it would be natural to use Ruby's default maps. Not to mention that Cutlerine did create a bunch of new maps, such as the Shakya Monastery, the S.S. Cangrejo, and the Lilycove Sewers. Plus, even though I have to agree that Cutlerine's spriting skills are... not really above average, to put it in a polite manner, his story is truly unique. Even though zombies have been done to death(pardon the pun) in modern media, the plot twists, the sheer amount of factions, they all took my attention. To paraphrase Cutlerine, "While a pretty picture can take your attention for five minutes, an engaging plot can enrapture a person for hours." You can't really judge a hack's quality just by seeing its first few scenes.

In my opinion, Cutlerine's game was successful, his intent was not showing off with well-done sprites, nor was to showcase his mapping skills, but it was to tell a serious and dramatic story, with a few insanely crazy bits and pieces.

But I have to say something, Snakewood seems to be a love-it-or-hate-it game, sort of like Baro's Quartz.
agree with this. Of the countless hacks ive played, only Snakewood stands out for its interesting story and zombie theme.

It may not even be pretty (there are MANY other hacks of those with unique tilesets and creative mapsets and other watnots) but playing Snakewood felt...refreshing compared to playing other hacks which are basically just the same old boring "beat the gyms and elite4 while defeating so-and-so evil team" concept.

Last edited by manutdrule; August 5th, 2012 at 03:49 PM.