View Single Post
Old August 5th, 2012, 07:10 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by NarutoActor View Post
A Lack of professionalism shows a lack of effort, and lack of effort equals less fun. If you're in to lock quality, then go head play it, but this thread is for the Best Hack, not the most fun. The best hack, hack meaning hacking, as in things beyond what you can do with Advance Map. Adding Text, trainers and some events (plus rocks) does not equal a Hack.

Also as to the argument that is is, post Hoen apocalypse doesn't satisfy wouldn't you think things would still look diferent, like empty houses, lots of messes, ect? There is a zombi in the PokeMart, is it that causal of a thing? Oh yeah buy some pokeballs, oh look a Zombi whats up? If the apocalypse happened now there would be houses in ruin, broken windows, fires, chaos, and people would run away from zombies! I don't understand, did the Zombies bring rocks with them? Because that was all that changed in those maps.
First I would say that a lack of professionalism isn't always a lack of effort. Many people try their hardest to make something that we would consider "unprofessional". Not always, but it happens often enough. Sometimes it's a lack of vision, sometimes it's eccentric vision, sometimes it's lack of creativity, and sometimes it's layout ignorance, all of which I have seen on more than one occasion, and that's more a lack of ability or difference in vision than anything else (though, as I said, it's not always the case. And I would say those things are a hack. Simply adding a rock is a hack; it may not equal a good hack, but a hack nonetheless. But if people just edited those things, that's not to say the hack would be bad. Some hacks are way more fun simply because of edited characters or just because of text, some hacks have small changes so enticing that they actually successfully persuade many into playing the games again just for the small changes.

Also, about the "post-apocalyptic" theme, there are various ways one could go about this. Just because there exists a zombie, that doesn't mean the zombie is evil. There have been cases where zombies were allies or members of society. Also, there are many different types of apocalypses. There's the "No Destruction" type, often see in plague-induced disasters. Then there's the "No Electricity" route, where there's destruction, but it's not so much "disastrous" as it is desperate. Then there's the mainstream zombie apocalypse, the Nuclear War Apocalypse, the Natural Apocalypse- it all depends on the vision of the one telling the tale.

BTW, did you ever play the game?