View Single Post
Old August 6th, 2012, 09:06 PM
NightOfRemorse
my anxieties have anxieties

Nature: Lonely
Jackie Miller

The Grovyle that all the Knights had been so loudly waiting for finally made his entrance into the Chambers. The Knights fell silent as he made his way down the stairs with two of his Knight-Commanders following closely behind. "I come here before you all to inform of the tragedy that came here to Markus. Despite our best effort, Matthew has been kidnapped by the Mechanist rebels. We have not yet received a note of ransom or any communication from them. We can only hope that they will not harm Matthew and if they do we will make them pay with their lives!"

A few of those among the crowd began to cheer and Maverick motioned with his hands to get them to shut up again. "There is, however, a new tragedy that befell us. One of own has been led astray." Jackie gasped quietly as some others murmured to each other. "Earlier this day one of the Mechanist prisoners we captured was released and is now on the run from us! Our prison was breached by one of our own who has been in league with the Mechanists no doubt even before he became a Knight!" Wow.

"The traitor is one who was dear to us. Caedmon Yeonart!" Shouts and protests traveled through the crowd, and Pokémon around Jackie angrily yelled and only pushed her more into the wall. She was very tempted to send them a flamethrower to the face. "He not only freed a prisoner, but he fled the scene and even attacked a Knight who was just performing his duty of keeping that vile creature from wrecking havoc on our city! We have already sent multiple groups out to find him, but he is nowhere to be found. He fled like the coward he is and always has been."

He looked around, "So, we have a new order from the Council. If any are to encounter Caedmon, you are to regard him as hostile. Don't be an idiot and go after him alone. If you are at a advantage you are to kill him without any hesitation! He is now our enemy and deserves the same fate that awaits the Mechanists... DEATH!"

Jackie thought for a moment as cheers erupted through the crowd. What if one of them did go alone, only they pretended to be on his side? That's what Caedmon had done before, so it's not like it wouldn't work for the Knights. Either that or a group of extremely stealthy Knights could go out and kill him on the spot, but then they would have to be very good at not being noticed.

"The Nuzleaf we have in custody has cracked and has given a minor location. Apparently there is a small testing area the Mechanists have that is not on any map and is to test their weapons at. We are sending a team to head that way and take the center! Who will be courageous enough to go?" Screw not being noticed.

Jackie opened her close helmet and sent a stream of fire toward those who were getting a little too close in her personal bubble. They all gasped and moved out of the way as she withdrew the flame into her maw. She removed her helmet as some Pokémon in the crowd talked amongst themselves. "I will!" she exclaimed as loudly as she could to make sure the Grovyle could hear her. "I'll go."
I stay away