View Single Post
Old August 8th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

I am close to acquiring a copy of Emerald to play on an older DS Lite model that I acquired earlier today; I intend to eventually port my catches in there over to Black, or even White 2 eventually, so that I have a full Pokédex on both games for the purposes of a future Trade Shop (and will someday have my own thread over there for Gen. V games).

My question is not so much about Emerald or Fire Red as it is about something else, however. When I'm done with a Pokémon in these games (or if I decide I do not plan to use it), how do I go about importing them into a fourth generation game? As with Black (where the building to import is on Route 15, closed until after the first E4), do I have to finish one of the fourth gen. games before I can ever import? I know once I finish one of them I can have my other (SS or Platinum) on a second system and swap them over there, but for now my problem will be getting them into the fourth generation. If I need to connect a cable or something, I'll need to get that someday.

For now, I still have to play both SS (or Platinum) and Emerald before I can even think of importing, but this would be useful information.

I may be back in this forum to discuss Emerald more as I start playing it, but I want to start here with this query.

Cyclone

EDIT: I should clarify, I am trying to get them to Black eventually. I determined already that I will require two systems and got the one with GBA capabilities so I can cover all five generations with Emerald and Fire Red. I know you can import to a game on the same system, but I eventually want to move them to Black on the 3DS. Or White 2 once it comes out and I find some missing ones there.

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Last edited by Cyclone; August 8th, 2012 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Add.