View Single Post
Old August 8th, 2012 (07:12 PM). Edited August 8th, 2012 by G-Money.
Polychromatic Iridescence

Nature: Jolly
Path of the Dragon!!

I still haven't finished making a team yet, but I've been reinvigorated in my quest for shinies. I've only gotten one this whole year!! That's more than 8 months!!

*turns shiny hunting mode from Lax to G-Money Mad Hunting Level Delta*

I was thinking of what I should hunt, and I thought, why not hunt for my favorite shinies? This had never occurred to me before, "lol."

Rayquaza is far and away my favorite shiny: not only does its shiny form look incredible, but it's also a really awesome Pokemon overall. It's not accessible for me right now, though, as I'm still in Professor Elm's lab in HG, "lol." Seeing as I already have shiny Totodile, my path to Rayquaza will be:

Shiny Cyndaquil -> Shiny Chikorita -> Shiny Ho-oh -> Shiny Groudon/Kyogre -> Shiny Kyogre/Groudon -> Shiny Rayquaza!!

I have a lot of work to do to get there, but it'll definitely be worth it and I'll get a heap of the best shinies around on my way. I'm up to 495 Johto starters so far, and Cynaquil and Chikorita are both among my 5 favorite Pokemon.

My second path will be continuing along the Path of the Ghost, as Misdreavus is one of my favorites as well. Going by Axiom 22 I'll hunt it in Pearl (20% in the Lost Tower at night) along with Gastly, but I need to get the starters first before I can get there. :cer_laugh:

I'll also be going for Eevee in FR so I can get the legendaries/TMs and restart FR to SR for Squirtle and Charmander. That's a totally different path, "lol."

Spoiler:
Quote originally posted by PhantomWolf:
I'mmmmm baaaaccckkk!!!!! After forgetting my password, I have returned! Right now, I am soft resetting for charmander in fire red and Mudkip in emerald. Wish me luck! Also, does anyone here Skype?
Welcome back! Good luck!

Instead of Skype, why don't you come on over to the Official SHC Chat?

Quote originally posted by TheShinyEevee:
Cute charm makes it so that cute charm is nuked on shinies! The mechanics of the game between cute charm and shinies are sort of incompatible, so with a cute charmer for females, you'll never(? if not rarely) find a female shiny. You can still find shinies, and females, but not female shinies. ;P
What!? I've never heard of this before. Could you explain a little more, please? I'm interested in hearing about this, "lol." Why wouldn't Cute Charm let you get female shinies?

Quote originally posted by shinycollector:
Omg! I was browing in my poke PC boxes on my white thinking all my shinies is in my shiny special box then WHAM! There was a shiny vulprix on my Box 9! I'm literally just cheering at the moment.. Lost for words I cant wait to get ninetails out of this fella!
Haha, box hunting is one of the best ways to get shinies. You already have it caught, and it can't flee! :cer_laugh: Congrats on finding a shiny Vulpix!!

Quote originally posted by rager3:
chikorita
Welcome back! Congrats on the Chikorita!

Quote originally posted by Jacinth:
Wish me luck!
Welcome to the SHC! Good luck!

Quote originally posted by It's Just Fufu:
*puts shiny hunting cape back on*
Welcome back! Shiny hunting capes are a great idea. We totally need to get those for everyone!!

Quote originally posted by TheShinyEevee:
Guessssss whaaaaat?
Congrats! 13,000 isn't really that high of a number for you, "lol." If it were anyone else, I would have told them that they deserved a shiny and a half for all that effort. :cer_tongue: You should've gone for 50k!

I really like your sig, too!

Quote originally posted by ShinyAlex:
I wanna join! i dont have any shiny yet but I am going for shiny bulbasaur right now. Just started collecting shinies :D
Welcome to the club, ShinyAlex! I hope you get your shiny Bulbasaur soon and get many more after it.

Quote originally posted by Chr. Draco:
I have news and at the same time I don't have. I'll tell more when the time is right.
TSE is right - this does sound ominous! I hope it's good (nonexistent?) news, like finding 10 shinies or something!! :D

Already up to 500 or so SR's (I lost exact count) and no shiny Snivy. SRing on White takes SO LONG. :/
Tell me about it!! Seriously, the time it takes SRing for a starter in White is completely absurd. I SRed for Snivy for a bit, and in the time it took me to do one SR, I could do something like 25 Johto starters, "lol." I'm seriously considering not going back and just breeding for them instead. Hopefully BW2 have a faster starter reset time, "lol."

Then again, there's nothing a shiny hunter can't do!! Keep at it, hunter!!

NAOW I SEARCH FOR SHINY
Hurry! Before it runs out!!! Get your shiny as soon as possible!! *rerouts all luck vents towards Jacinth*

P. S. Is the multiquote not working for anyone else? I had to individually quote each message in a new tab and copy/paste them into one post. :/

EDIT: 888 Johto starters!

Path of the Dragon: 2/7
Path of the Ghost: 11/18
Path of the Starter: 10/18