Thread: Development: Adding New Moves to Gen 3
View Single Post
Old August 9th, 2012 (6:23 AM). Edited August 9th, 2012 by Jambo51.
Glory To Arstotzka
Nature: Quiet
Originally Posted by timson733333 View Post
I recently tried doing everything again, only to be met with the same result. Do I need to use JPAN's hacked engine, or am I repointing things wrong?
I just tested with a fresh save (a completely fresh save on the 649 patch, which has had this hack applied) and it got through to Pallet Town with no issues whatsoever.

However, I may have missed out some steps or something somewhere along the line in this thread. I'll see if I can find any such missed steps.

ETA: Did a quick dry run, and it worked absolutely fine, so I genuinely don't know what the problem is.

Originally Posted by Darkrai Lv.1000 View Post
Is there a resource that tells where the list of effects and commands are for doing battle script work in Ruby? Everything seems to be only for Fire Red, as far as I can see. xD
Answer to this is simple - I'm the only person researching these commands. I researched them for FR because I need them for FR. Simples.

However, the good news is that the BS system was carried over from Ruby to FR in the first place, so if you update your pointers correctly, it should still be compatible.
Hey guys, please check out my recreations of the gen 1 and 2 music on my custom engine at my SoundCloud! - Here!