Thread: [DPP] Pokemon Pearl Team Help.
View Single Post
Old August 10th, 2012 (09:43 AM). Edited August 10th, 2012 by Rubix33.
Rubix33
Beginning Trainer

Quote originally posted by Satycorn89:
Thank you, it was very helpful. According to my research, Houndoom on Pearl can only be found in routes 214 and 215, and I'm guessing that's not near the beginning of the game? I only have Leaf Green at home, otherwise I'd get it from FireRed or wherever it's found. That's why I thought of Ninetales, because I can find Vulpix easily in LeafGreen.
About the Psychic type, I was thinking Jynx because it's kinda rare AND it's an Ice type pokemon as well. Is it true that Alakazlam has almost the same stats as Kadabra? I think I read that somewhere when doing research yesterday. Oh and is Bronzor found early in the game?

Really disappointed about Leafeon, I really liked it . What about Ludicolo, is it a better substitute?
If not, and the Leaf type isn't an option, do you think I can get a Gastly instead of the leaf type pokemon, and evolve it to Gengar by trading? Can Garchomp learn any electric moves, so that I could have atleast a strong pokemon against flying types.
And I was thinking of getting Dratini from LeafGreen however, I didn't know if you could or could not get it in Pearl.
One other pokemon I like is Scyther/Scizor, I don't know if I could replace anyone from my team though .
Thanks!!
Well Houndoom, is kind of found early in the game. Houndoom was the last addition on my team, and I caught him before like the third gym. Ludicolo, uh I don't really like it. Bronzor is found really early in the game, my 3rd addition on my team. Jynx may be rare, but I don't really like it, so I really suggest Bronzor. Garchomp I believe it can learn thunder punch from a TM, and if anything I believe Piplup can learn a ice move, so that takes care of a strength against Flying. And Scizor, is one of the greatest pokemon if you were to ask me. With it being Bug/Steel, its a great choice and a perfect sweeper. Yes you can get Dratini in pearl but, you get it pretty late in the game. And Gastly... I love Gastly, but having Houndoom you don't really need a dark type pokemon. So I think that you should add in a solid Electric like Luxray, or even ampharos. Or add in a flying type pokemon like Togekiss, or Staraptor

So this is the team I suggest.

Piplup
Garchomp
Roserade, Luxray or Ampharos, or Togekiss
Houndoom
Bronzor
Lucario or Scizor

Hope I helped.

Oh and this is completely off topic kind of a bit, but I have a great suggestion for a team, which may go against, what starter you wanted to choose.

So my suggestion is

Turtwig- Literally a Power House from the start.
Buizel- Is one of the best water pokemon and learns ice moves also., and if anything you can replace it with Palkia once you get it.
Togekiss- May not seem to good, but is great for absorbing hits, and can help you out in the end.
Houndoom- One of the greatest fire Types, and with it also being dark, gives you a solid dark.
Luxray- One of my favorites, and is a very solid Pokemon.
Garchomp- I dont even think I have to really explain.

And if anything replace Luxray with Bronzor

Challenges
None, Yet :D