Thread: [Gen V] UU Team
View Single Post
Old August 10th, 2012, 10:10 PM
Soar
n00b

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokedra View Post
Hi this looks like a very solid bulky offense team but there are ways we can improve it.

For starters test out 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 Spe on Gligar @ Impish, this lets you outrun Adamant Honchkrow and Taunt it before it Subs (quite a threat to your team actually) and just in general the extra speed allows you to outspeed walls and get SR/Taunt them before they can do anything. Speaking of Taunt, try Taunt over U-Turn. Stopping your opponent settings up hazards is imo far more useful then switch and damage. Leave that to Choice users.

One thing to watch out for is CBFlygon, if they manage to take Bisharp down then CBOutrage is a major pain (not even Gligar takes them that well) however with correct prediction (eg. Gligar baits Outrage --> Bisharp) it can be beaten.

One last thing is, Sharpedo is very dangerous to this team. It'll outspeed everything on this team after a speed boost and late game most of your Pokemon will be worn down and that's when good Sharpedo players make their move.

It'll outspeed everything and here are some calcs.
Waterfall vs Gligar
372 Atk vs 508 Def & 334 HP (80 Base Power): 168 - 198 (50.30% - 59.28%) 2HKO guaranteed without rocks.
EQ vs Bisharp
372 Atk vs 236 Def & 271 HP (100 Base Power): 294 - 348 (108.49% - 128.41%) Clean OHKO
Waterfall vs Crobat
372 Atk vs 196 Def & 311 HP (80 Base Power): 211 - 250 (67.85% - 80.39%)

~50% chance to OHKO after SR

Crunch OHKO'es Mismagius, Waterfall 2HKO'es Snorlax and Crunch wrecks Roserade after SR. While your Pokemon are capable of taking hits from it, Sharpedo is only a late-game sweeper. Only when most of their Pokemon are down will they bring it out. To remedy this I suggest throwing CMSuicune over Mismagius.
CMSuicune performs like a slower, bulkier Mismagius and it'll cover your weaks well.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 236 HP / 56 SAtk / 216 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Scald / Surf
- Ice Beam
- Roar

Sharpedo only manages a 3HKO with rocks on this I believe, giving you time to CM and Surf it which OHKO'es it after rocks and LO recoil iirc. A bulkier spread can be used if you want.

Good luck.
I just want to start by saying thanks for the time you put into the post.

I changed my Gligar set (I never really used U-Turn anyway) It seems to be working really well!

I have not really run into a CBFlygon in PS, but i haven't been on in a few days so who knows, I have mainly (90%) of the time seen a CSFlygon set with Outrage or U-Turn and Bisharp takes them quite well. As it gives me chance to set-up my SD and get the free switch SD so his attack pretty much triples.

And Sharpedo is a big threat to my team. But if i have my full hazards up i take about 34% of his health out. I switch into Snorlax and whirlwind him out to clear the speed and take more health out when he comes back in.

Im new to battling so, if you dont mid me asking, how did you figure out the damage calcs because i would like to know how to do it.

And as for the Suicune set, im having trouble deciding over Surf and Scald. Im using surf now because it has a higher BP, but scald can get the burn. Any thoughts?

Sorry i took so long to reply, i was testing out this team.