View Single Post
Old August 11th, 2012 (5:17 PM).
Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Send a message via Skype™ to TornZero
Originally Posted by dcjboi View Post
It sounds better than I thought it would be. The idea of Atlus changing the type of game it was threw me off and made me not want to buy it because I was absolutely dedicated to P4. I think I may look more into it.
You'll notice that it's not just a fighting game; the visual novel style between the minute-long battles is a great sight to see, as long as you're up for seeing a lot of internal monologues (including from every character's separate points of view in concurrent plot points) instead of constant dialogue.

The fighting is also reminiscent to Arc System Work's normal style, with new mechanics developed for P4A. It's designed to be easy to get used to for even the newest gamers. (That said, like ZetaZaku, I wasn't exactly proficient with ASW's BlazBlue series, but the Lesson Mode in P4A was very useful.)

Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
I'm a little sad that they changed some of the VAs, the Voice Acting was one of my favorite things about P4 (it had what I think is the best voice acting I've ever seen in a game, English or otherwise), and what's more is that those same VAs will be doing voice work in Persona 4: The Golden. I don't blame the game for that, though, and the new VAs aren't bad at all. Anyway, I'm going to see if there's a demo I can try out (hopefully there is).
There's no demo that I can see on the PSN, but gameplay videos should suffice. As I mentioned above, the story's told mostly in internal monologues and a few voice-acted bits like a visual novel, and there are a few cutscenes to go with it. (It's possible to skip these parts, but the fights are only about a minute long depending on the amount of rounds and your skillz.)

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.