View Single Post
Old August 11th, 2012 (06:11 PM).
Dragonite Ernston
I rival Lance's.

Thanks for all your replies.

Quote originally posted by Yamiidenryuu:
Changing things for the sake of changing them instead of because you've found something you think works better seems like a bad idea, though.
Often changing things requires the thought of wanting to change them first, and that will always be for the sake of changing them because you're unsatisfied with simply "sticking to what works".

Sometimes the change isn't for the better, in which case you always have the old way to revert to. But it's never a waste of time to try something new when designing games, in my opinion.

Quote originally posted by DaSpirit:
"Ain't" is improper grammar.
I'm quoting Bert Lance who said, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

"Broke" is also improper grammar in this case, but I didn't see you correct that

Quote:
Anyway, sure, I think it's a good idea. You just have to be careful to make sure that everything still stays balanced. Then again, some people argue that the official people games are unbalanced.
Well, balancing is an independent concern, relevant more to game design itself than staying faithful to or straying from the Pokémon games.

Quote originally posted by RaulCortez:
(By the way, i'm very interested about your Four Star Mon game. Where can i see it? Looks like an interesting idea! :D)
It's not a game, it's an engine. http://fourstarmon.com/