View Single Post
Old August 13th, 2012, 10:52 AM
RichterSnipes
Simpleton

Nature: Modest
I’m happy to release an update to this throwback patch today. Head back to the first post for your goodies!

Changelog:
  • The GB Player is now a key item! Grab it on your way out of your house in Pallet Town. It backpack image and base description are from HG/SS. Huge thanks to Jambo51 for the Item-Script-Redirect ASM codes.
  • To coincide with the new item, GB Player props have been removed from all Pokémon Centers in the game.
  • A script error on Four Island that occurred to anyone who chose Squirtle as their starter has been fixed.
  • Also: various code cleanup to remove unused modifications in the game.
This new patch comes with a warning. Just in case you don’t catch it in the first post, I’ll reiterate it here: DO NOT REGISTER THE GB PLAYER ITEM TO SELECT AND USE IT FROM THERE. Happy times will not be had by those who do so.

Enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberius View Post
i want gb sounds in firered for red and blue and yellow.
I...well...uhh...what?
Spoiler:

Some people may have noticed that the hack has been retitled to “Pokémon FireRed Throwback.” Since starting it up again, I have become more interested in making modifications to the game to make it more reminiscent of the original titles. The 8-bit music will still be the core focus (or, at worst, a core focus), but I’ve been thinking of branching out to changing other elements of the game.

In saying that, I have two images for you to look at. The one to the left is of the main characters as they appear in FR/LG. To the right is…well, you should get what it is.

Note that the sprites to the right were quick mock-ups that use the same palettes as their base images. If I went any further with this makeover I’d tidy them up a little bit. Also, keep in mind that this might or might not turn into anything.

What do you all think?

Last edited by RichterSnipes; October 11th, 2012 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Nobody saw anything! Or cared, for that matter.